First cook in 5 weeks. Pork Chop

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokingUPnorth

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 7, 2017
Michigan UP
Well I’ve been stuck at Camp Lejeune for pre deployment training and eating out of a MRE/microwave and the 5 star Camp Lejeune galley. I got back on Wednesday and just wanted to make something easy but defiantly smoked/grilled. I picked up some pork chops and brined one with salt, a little brown sugar and water and got it seasoned up with mostly Jeff’s rub but heavier on the main ingredient. Threw it on the Kettle with B&B lump and some chunks of apple and ran it at about 275*. It took right around 2 hours. When it hit 130* I stuck it right over the coals and seared it and added some SBR’s to it. Pulled it off right when it hit 145* and let it rest in some foil while I finished everything else. It Tasted amazing mostly because it wasn’t out of a bag or microwave haha. Wife and kids don’t really care for pork chops so I threw some hot dogs on for them at the end. Also picked up some ribs, NY strips and have 2 pork shoulders thawing out for this weekend. I’ve been too food deprived haha. Enough talk here are the pics I got.

IMG_8109.jpeg

IMG_8110.jpeg

IMG_8111.jpeg

IMG_8112.jpeg

IMG_8113.jpeg

IMG_8117.jpeg

Fine looking chop! I assume they have the issues around that camp cleaned up?
Haha it wasn’t too bad actually. I didn’t try the water though
Nice to get back to good old simple foods, and this looks great.

David
Every once in a while I’ll make chops and wonder why I don’t make them more.
Great looking chop! Cant believe the family would rather eat hotdogs over that chop!!!!

Jim
Haha thanks Jim. Hot dogs and Brats get made a lot here. It’s one of the few things we can all agree to eat 😂
That is my wife’s favorite meal, a nice big grilled pork chop!
And yours looks delicious 🤤!
Al
Thanks Al!

Well I’ve been stuck at Camp Lejeune for pre deployment training and eating out of a MRE/microwave and the 5 star Camp Lejeune galley. I got back on Wednesday and just wanted to make something easy but defiantly smoked/grilled. I picked up some pork chops and brined one with salt, a little brown sugar and water and got it seasoned up with mostly Jeff’s rub but heavier on the main ingredient. Threw it on the Kettle with B&B lump and some chunks of apple and ran it at about 275*. It took right around 2 hours. When it hit 130* I stuck it right over the coals and seared it and added some SBR’s to it. Pulled it off right when it hit 145* and let it rest in some foil while I finished everything else. It Tasted amazing mostly because it wasn’t out of a bag or microwave haha. Wife and kids don’t really care for pork chops so I threw some hot dogs on for them at the end. Also picked up some ribs, NY strips and have 2 pork shoulders thawing out for this weekend. I’ve been too food deprived haha. Enough talk here are the pics I got.

View attachment 688748

View attachment 688749

View attachment 688750
View attachment 688751

View attachment 688752
View attachment 688753
Nothing like the basics! I'd take a pork chop over a steak and day! And I'd take that pork chop for sure.

Great work.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky