Burnt Fingers/Ends, Pulled Flat (WHAT?!?!?!) & PP Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
WOW !

This is truly one of the best smoke posts I've ever seen. My freakin' coffee got cold, because I couldn't stop reading & slobbering long enough to pick up the cup & take a sip !
I tried to give points a second time (because this deserves double), but it wouldn't allow me to.

THANK YOU for a Hell of a ride Eric!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Bearcarver

Just an excellent tutorial Eric. Looks as if it all turned out just as you had planned, and I appreciate the many pics and the time it takes to post them....
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Lvrgsp

Oh man that looks so good, I almost started licking the monitor...but the coworkers would give me strange looks so I will refrain. Seriously though, nice work and you have officially made me hungry!!
points.gif

I must say, I got quite a few chuckles from some of you, and was very humbled by other replies as well. I took me a few minutes to even begin to put my thoughts to words. I honestly don't know how I do some of these qviews sometimes...I guess I just go with the flow. I feel inclined to give back whatever I can to all of you fine folks here, so anytime I'm doing something a bit out of the ordinary (or totally off-the-wall, as this one may have seemed), you can rest assured that you will be among the first to know about it when I bring it to SMF.

That's just one of many things that makes me feel great about hanging out with everyone here. I have learned so many things from this forum, and have been inspired to develop different methods and a few new smoke/grill ideas along the way. So, that said, this was just another gift from me back to all the people who make this forum what it is.

I just had another thought here...yikes, that could be a dangerous thing...LOL!!! Here's my last brisky burn when I inadvertently discovered this method for pulled flat, if anyone missed this one, or wants to compare the methods, as that one was done entirely on my Smoke Vault gas fired smoker. Also, there are variations in the documentation of the methods/pics, so this will give quite a bit of additional info with the two threads combined. This also contains more info for making Burnt Fingers/Ends:

http://smokingmeatforums.com/forums/...ad.php?t=90615

If you need any additional info, don't be shy. If you want to try these methods out just for giggles, it's a blast, and the eating is, well, you saw the pics...
icon_wink.gif

It's been a pleasure as always!

ENJOY!!!

BTW, if you're wondering, I'm exclusive to SMF, not because of any selfish wishes...I just haven't felt the desire to go anywhere else...this is the first smoked meats forum I found, and I'm glad of that, because this is where all of my greatest smoking adventures began for me...it's where I belong...it's my second home...any time I can spend here is time well spent, and just keeps me coming back every chance I get.
biggrin.gif

Eric

I had some time to think about how the pulled flat could really get kicked up. I think if the point/flat separation was done at the stall, then pan/tent and hold @ 200* until almost to the finished desired tenderness, and finish the flat out on open grates again to firm up the bark just prior to a 30-45 minute open board rest and pulling.

It would be similar to the 3-2-1 for spare ribs, only you would use temps until panning/tenting, then time/tenderness probe, and a finish of the bark for ~1 hour. With this method, there shouldn't be any compromising at all...good bark and tender, juicy pulled beef brisket flat to boot!

I don't know why I didn't think of this on the second round of pulled flat, but, better late than never!
icon_cool.gif

The third round is sure to be a charm!

Eric

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky