Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
5699C3AF-90D1-4705-93B4-B61F791738AB.jpeg

So I'd cook this just like any brisket? Thinking about trying it out. Any suggestions or ideas welcome.
Jim

Reactions: sawhorseray
Hmmmm.....Might have to stop by the Kroger on the way home tonight and get one. How long you thing the cook time would be roughly?
Jim

Hmmmm.....Might have to stop by the Kroger on the way home tonight and get one. How long you thing the cook time would be roughly?
Jim
Depends on the thickness. You need to have the meat above 180*F for the collagen to start breaking down. Sometimes they are ready around 190, others it takes 203.....you'll have to check as you cook. Best tip is to wrap and let sit in a warm oven or icechest packed with towels to hold above 180*F for at least an hour or two...

Reactions: TNJAKE and JLeonard
Yeah kinda what I was thinking. Just wanted to hear someone else say it. LOL.
Jim

sandyut sandyut Well for a 1st one I'd rather lose $8 vs what they charge for a full brisket if I totally screw it up. And heck a chuck roast aint much difference price wise.
Jim

Yeah i was thinking about rinsing it first to get some of that off and then seeing what it looks like,
That wouldn't be a bad idea . I was just wondering . Does it say never frozen ?
If it's completely vac packed , not store wrapped and never frozen you can figure about how long if it has a sell by date .

Reactions: JLeonard
Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. I see stuff like this from time to time here, but have always been nervous about the preseason in store package after a bad carne asada attempt. I agree with the thorough rinse.

View attachment 512807

So I'd cook this just like any brisket? Thinking about trying it out. Any suggestions or ideas welcome.
Jim

I 'd smoke naked until about 180F then set on some foil, splash with liquid like 2 oz (beer, water, broth, or whatever). Then wrap and finish until it probes tender. Check for tenderness around 200F and only pull when u stab all over and it goes in like butter :)

Try this:
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky