Brisket cost

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow Rich, that looks like a Wagyu with that thin marbling.
I was surprised by that myself .
usually $4.99 at Costco but i still have never cooked one yet
It's worth doing . I've been cross cutting them , and smoking the point end and using the flat in the crock pot for pot roast , or in the instant pot for taco meat . Cure for pastrami ,,, more bang for your buck that way .

I was surprised by that myself .

It's worth doing . I've been cross cutting them , and smoking the point end and using the flat in the crock pot for pot roast , or in the instant pot for taco meat . Cure for pastrami ,,, more bang for your buck that way .
I will probably do the same with the point.

Scored 2 good ones at this great price. The are good and bendy and basically choice quality. Also above 15lbs so they will trim down well and still leave plenty of good meat :D ( JLeonard JLeonard it happened for Christmas lol)
1702912913534.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: JLeonard
Man, thats a great price!

Jim
Yep! These make great grind if there aren't any decent smoking ones since these are Select grade.

For some reason in my area we are only getting 1.97 lb briskets at Market Street. Still a good price. I may pick one up.
I wonder if you get Choice or Angus briskets. This Market Street used to get those and do $1.97/lbs but recent trend is they get the Select grade and sell for just under a dollar.
I buy them either way and just wade through the big pile they have available and pick the best ones no matter what grade. As long as I go early enough when the sale posts, I never fail to find good ones for smoking in the pile :D

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky