Brisket vs Propane Smoker Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

trillo15

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 1, 2017
Northern BC, Canada
Hey All,

Question. I am going to do a brisket soon, but my propane smoker is on the smaller side for being able to put it on a rack. I have two options. Either cut it in half or hang it. Can you hang a brisket and have it turn out ok? Or should I cut it in half?

It will cook faster if you cut it. I personally choose not to cut briskets though. You can hang as long as the bottom is not too close to the fire. with UDS smokers, they hang everything and it UDS turn out some awesome Q! The theory is that though there is more heat hitting the bottom, the juices also flow down cooling the meat. As long as the fire is not too close, the meat will not burn on the bottom and will cook uniformly.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky