Brisket Pie à la mode!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
1588388018007.png

• Haha
Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
GWAD !! That looks so amazing....... Now how will I wait for a sale? That inspirational, I am impressed.

Thanks FH! Appreciate the words!

What Foamy said.... "as he picks his jaw up off of the floor".....

Thank you sir! *hands a napkin over

:emoji_grin:

Now that's a goal! love it! :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

All I can say is WOW!!!
Fantastic job on that, and great presentation.

Thank you! Not gonna lie... Neighbors were probably wondering why I was carrying a plate of food around the yard looking for good lighting and background haha.

...Continued

Chopped Brisket!

View attachment 443078

Veggies: Onion, Carrots, Celery, Red and Orange Bell Peppers (frozen peas later)

View attachment 443079

Sauté Veggies and add flour. I also added some BBQ rub here.

View attachment 443080

Add Beef Broth and BBQ sauce if desired

View attachment 443081

Heat to thicken. I went til there was a good clean streak in the pan

View attachment 443082

Add Brisket and Frozen peas. Fold together. Get on in there @Bearcarver !

View attachment 443083

Fill Trimmed Pie Crust

View attachment 443084

Top with Croissant dough and tuck under Pie crust. Brush with Egg white wash and sprinkle with salt.

View attachment 443085

Bake at 400°F until top is golden and flaky. About 25 mins for me.

View attachment 443086

View attachment 443087

Let cool for a bit and slice away! This all depends on thickness of the gravy and if you are trying to take photos haha. I let it cool completely to make sure the shape held...

View attachment 443088

Bacon Mac with Velveeta and Tilamook! (this is a double batch and about the consistency we like)

View attachment 443089

Final Thoughts... I was super happy with this. A lot of effort if you make the crusts yourself but store bought would speed this up exponentially! I think this would be a good candidate for making some smaller pies and freezing in advance for later consumption. The flavors were so good and worked so well together. The flaky top crust with of course a nice butter profile. The Brisket retained it's delicious flavors and smoke. The Gravy was just thick enough to coat and hold together. The veggies mixed in nicely. The bottom crust held up too which was my goal. I could've gone a touch thicker but it wasn't that soggy.

The first one I did had chunkier brisket and I prefer that over this. The texture got a little monotone with the fine chop. I'll add jalapenos next time too! But other than that, I'm super happy with how it tuned out! I think I did OK for just looking a picture and running with it from there. In all reality this is basically a Brisket Pot Pie with a bottom crust. Or at least that's the direction I took it. I will be making this again and continuing to tweak it. This is, in my opinion, a great "base recipe" or style to play with.

Any and all thoughts, ideas, tweaks, or feedback always appreciated! I am not a baker nor a chef so I know there are improvements to be made! different dough possibly?

Thanks for putting up with my long posts but I do try and make them Pic HEAVY to make up for it. Sorry for the server storage bill @TulsaJeff ! :emoji_sweat_smile::emoji_sweat_smile::emoji_sweat_smile:

Cheers Y'all!

That looks incredible - you've outdone yourself on this one!

That’s beyond incredible! Wow! Just wow!

I just realized a la mode is pie with ice cream and the macaroni resembles a scoop of ice cream. Mind blown! I’ll go back under my rock now.

Like!!

That looks incredible - you've outdone yourself on this one!

Thank you! Appreciate it.

That’s beyond incredible! Wow! Just wow!

I just realized a la mode is pie with ice cream and the macaroni resembles a scoop of ice cream. Mind blown! I’ll go back under my rock now.

Like!!

That was my vision in my head the whole time thinking it up :emoji_grin:

Thank you!

Zach...what can I say that has not already been said?? It is simply stunning, absolutely magnificent, outright gorgeous, and creative beyond belief!! We don't see you as often as we'd like but when you make an appearance, you do it in grand style!! Excellent job my friend.

Robert

Double meaning, but no wine...
View attachment 443774

Guess that works too almost :emoji_thumbsup: Now I know what to try next time haha.

Zach...what can I say that has not already been said?? It is simply stunning, absolutely magnificent, outright gorgeous, and creative beyond belief!! We don't see you as often as we'd like but when you make an appearance, you do it in grand style!! Excellent job my friend.

Robert

Thanks Robert! This was one of my more fun cooks of recent memory. Just the challenge from the start and all the different components. It'll be coming back later with some tweaks for sure. Hoping to be on here more as well! Thanks for checking in! Hope all is well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky