Brisket - help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

heymirth

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 3, 2015
Detroit MI
I put the rubbed brisket on this morning at 6am at MES 30 set to 250 and here I am 3.5grs later and IT of the meat is 177 with my dual probe Maverick.
How is it possible it hit this IT in 3.5 hours?

What do I do? Wrap Already?

The MES even set at 225 was climbing to 260 when the element would kick on. It was cooking toooo fast.
Yes--- I dropped it down to 215 and it finally came down in temp. And finally stalling for real. I can tell by the outside look of the brisket. I'll watch it and then only wrap at the very end and put it in a cooler for an hour and a half before serving

Thanks @wild west

Sometimes thinner flats without a lot of fat content cook through fairly quickly. X2 wildwest. I generally do not wrap mine unless I'm short on time but it will hold fine once it's done. I usually cook mine around 275-325 degrees though so they tend to cook fairly quickly to the stall then skyrocket again once it comes out of stall.

Reactions: heymirth
Your welcome. I had the same issue a couple weeks ago with my mes30. Was doing back bacon and the mes was coasting 50* over my target temp when the element was on. I think it was because it was so cold outside. -20c

I've never seen a piece of meat stall
For 5 hours. I guess that's what happens when ur bring the IT temp up too quickly.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky