Big A$$ Brisket, should I be scared - with Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
awsome smoke and great prep work...will be keeping a eye on this one.

Looks reall good. Nothing like a long brisket smoke.

Alright you Qview whores, I've got more pictures for you.

After resting for 1.5 hours

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Smoke ring got a little washed out by the flash

Had to render the fat in a frying pan

The flat with some of it's own juices, the rendered fat, and a good dose of rub.

Some of the slices I saved for dinner tonight, at my wife's request. We don't discourage my wife from eat Que, she rarely asks to.

I've got them in the oven at 170 in a tray with it's own juices covered with foil.

So far tastes great. Pulls apart easily, slices easily, and nice and juicy.

I'll let you know how the burnt ends turn out.

Great job.Nice smoke ring.Glad your wife requested some
points.gif

I don't remember who it was that said it, but it was someone on this board. They said that the reason you shouldn't turn the flat into burnt ends is because of the low fat content in the burnt ends. That's what gave me the idea of clarifying the fat and adding it in to the flat cut for burnt ends.

For a 15.3# brisket I feel like there isn't a lot of meat.

Dinner (fingerling mashed next to that brisket)

Burnt Ends

So I have tasted the burnt ends. Wonderful stuff!

I hope that you all enjoyed my post!

Happy smokin!

I'm pretty new to brisket, so excuse me if this is obvious to the rest of you, but why honey? And why on top of the rub? Does the honey replace the sugar in the rub?

I like the taste :)

I feel it just adds a bit of sweetness and helps make a rub "paste". Just a preference. Something I picked up when I was filming the competition guys.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky