Behemoth Beef Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Those ribs look awesome! I have been looking for those and can't find anyone that sells them.
Appreciate that KC_S, thanks.

This goes out to everybody who is on the lookout for racks of beef short ribs.
How to Find Racks of Short Ribs
Don't go looking for whole racks of short ribs to be for sale in the meat section, I've never found any that way.
I've always found them cut and repackaged for sale as specialty cuts.
Flanken, thin cut across the bones,
for such as Korean Kalbi ribs.
English, cut along the length of the bone usually in 3-4 inch sections.
Boneless, often labeled country style.

If you see any of these, ask the clerk if he has any of the whole racks uncut.
They come in a cryo-vac package, two racks per bag.
They generally will run $7.00 - $9.00 /lb.
Don't give up on one store, go to or call them all.
It's much better to go in person and look and ask.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Chile, saw he already cut ones at sams club this weekend...

Now that my wife is in Amsterdam I think I should go back to Sams and get what you got as I did see the already cut up deals but need to get the uncut up deal...

Last edited:
Reactions: chilerelleno
Chile, saw he already cut ones at sams club this weekend...

Now that my wife is in Amsterdam I think I should go back to Sams and get what you got as I did see the already cut up deals but need to get the uncut up deal...
Heck yeah, go get'em!

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
I'm a little late to the party but man do those look good. I've never tried beef ribs and I sooo want to now. I had already saved the salty potatoes from your other thread but think I might have to just pair them up like you did! Points for sure!

Sorry for the late response on this one John. I've haven't logged on in about a week, but HOLY COW!!!!

I think you just beat Bobby Flay. Congratulations and your sons expression says it all.

point for sure
Chris

I'm a little late to the party but man do those look good. I've never tried beef ribs and I sooo want to now. I had already saved the salty potatoes from your other thread but think I might have to just pair them up like you did! Points for sure!
Thank you,
beef short ribs are such a treat.
I hope you try and enjoy the potatoes.

Sorry for the late response on this one John. I've haven't logged on in about a week, but HOLY COW!!!!

I think you just beat Bobby Flay. Congratulations and your sons expression says it all.

point for sure
Chris
Really appreciate that Chris, thank you.

LMAO, Bobby who?
J/K I couldn't begin to compete on his level.

Last edited:
LMAO, Bobby who?
J/K I couldn't begin to compete on his level.

With all due respect, I must disagree that you couldn't compete on his level. Bobby Flay may be a great chef and quick in the kitchen but you make great food that I'd much prefer to eat versus what he cooks. I'm just not really into the foo foo stuff. My preference is much more along the lines of what I see you create on a regular basis.

Chef Chile....has a nice ring to it:emoji_wink:
Robert

Late at the table too. Good Christ man! I thought dinosaurs were extinct!!! Awesome, just awesome ribs. And my next batch of salt taters will be done this way.

John...I've read a lot of posts that really got myvattemtion but this one takes the cake. I just went back to the beginning and read all the way through this thread. I'm now on a mission from God to find some of those ribs. Yes, HEB carrys beef ribs but not like those. There is an HEB a half mile from Costco that I pass on the way home. I stopped there and they didnt have much. The butcher I talked to said beef ribs are not a big seller for them so they dont stock much. Dont know if that's just the particular store or across the region. I'm gonna find out though. At this point I'm not beyond stopping in some farmers field and hijacking a cow. Im gonna get ribs like that!! My hands were literally shaking when I re read the original post. I've simply never seen anything like that. Thank you once again for sharing.

Mission impossible? I think not,
Robert

With all due respect, I must disagree that you couldn't compete on his level. Bobby Flay may be a great chef and quick in the kitchen but you make great food that I'd much prefer to eat versus what he cooks. I'm just not really into the foo foo stuff. My preference is much more along the lines of what I see you create on a regular basis.

Chef Chile....has a nice ring to it:emoji_wink:
Robert
You're very kind and generous in your evaluations of my skills, thank you.
But honestly, I'm an untrained amatuer and just don't have the depth of knowledge and skills.

I often bumble through a cook and feel like I'm just flailing around in the kitchen.
I definitely don't post all my cooks, cause some just aren't pretty.
And as I've said before, sometimes I do good just to not burn the kitchen down.

But again, thank you.
Thank you for the kind words, the encouragement and the inspiration to keep cooking and sharing.
John...I've read a lot of posts that really got myvattemtion but this one takes the cake. I just went back to the beginning and read all the way through this thread. I'm now on a mission from God to find some of those ribs. Yes, HEB carrys beef ribs but not like those. There is an HEB a half mile from Costco that I pass on the way home. I stopped there and they didnt have much. The butcher I talked to said beef ribs are not a big seller for them so they dont stock much. Dont know if that's just the particular store or across the region. I'm gonna find out though. At this point I'm not beyond stopping in some farmers field and hijacking a cow. Im gonna get ribs like that!! My hands were literally shaking when I re read the original post. I've simply never seen anything like that. Thank you once again for sharing.

Mission impossible? I think not,
Robert
Mission impossible? Definitely no.
Mission PITA, sometimes.
But usually it is as easy as seeing short ribs pre cut and packaged and then asking the meat clerk for the whole uncut racks and still in the cryo-vac package.

Last edited:
Late at the table too. Good Christ man! I thought dinosaurs were extinct!!! Awesome, just awesome ribs. And my next batch of salt taters will be done this way.
Thanks Steve,
Mama always said, "Better late than never,"
That always irked Dad, who was a stickler for keeping...
But I digress.
Thanks Steve,
super secret stuff here, don't tell anyone else.
We tunneled through to Atvatabar,
and dude, there are still dinosaurs running around in there!
We recommend ARs with DIASs, chambered for.450 Bushmaster, best combo of firepower and stopping power.
Them Velociraptors are fast and tough.
But again I digress, so sorry.
Thanks Steve,
do enjoy the Salt Taters!

Last edited:
Chili that looks so good I was just about to lick my computer screen LOL!! Seriously well done man!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky