Auber wifi Finally

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Ordered 3 weeks ago, finally got here.
Auber wifi. Hanging cabinet temp probe and mini food probe with it.
No not a crack in the led, the clear tape cover.

awifi.JPG

CONGRATS! That reminds me, need to redo my setting as I just got fiber/new router. Hope it works better as I had to run a wifi extender. FYI I had some fun setting it up the first time, it wants 2.4G wifi and my router was 5G... Had to turn on the 2.4G band.

• Wow
Reactions: crazymoon
Nice . That will be my next one . Should have been a silicone probe grommet in the stuff I sent you . Might be able to put it to use with this . 30mm hole fits the grove .

Reactions: JLeonard
Is that plug and play? I'm still planning on adding a PID to my Smokin Tex. I want one I can just plug it into and control from the PID that way.

That looks like the "Model: AW-1520H" which is a wifi plug and play controller at 1800 watts. This is a nice controler.....

aubersplug and play.PNG

Is that plug and play? I'm still planning on adding a PID to my Smokin Tex. I want one I can just plug it into and control from the PID that way.
Its my understanding that the Smokin Tex and the Smokin It analogs are basically the same.

This was on another site on how to do it:

These instructions are for bypassing the stock controller, but does not include a switch. This bypass uses blade connections on a short "splicing bridge" wire, so it can be easily reversed, should you choose to do so. Wear latex or nitrile gloves - the insulation is very itchy! This procedure only takes 10-15 minutes.

I started with a 2" length of #12 wire, and 2 blade connectors. These were crimped in place, completing the splicer. 14-guage wire will also be fine for the bridge.

Next, remove the back of the smoker. There are 3 layers of insulation, so you'll remove the first layer only. Notice, in the photo, that all the wires are beneath the first (outer) layer of insulation. Make sure they are all in this layer during reassembly!

I removed the middle layer, for photo purposes, so you can see the controller better. It is not necessary to remove this layer; just unplug the two wires from the controller.

Simply connect the two wires from the controller together, using your splicing bridge. Then, use heat shrink tubing or electrical tape to cover the splice. (The piece of tubing I had was a little large, but it was all I had on hand). It doesn't have to be water-tight, just covered. To test your bypass, plug the smoker in directly. The light on top should light, and the element should start to heat. If it doesn't, something is wrong.

Once you're sure it works, keep the splice up high, and replace the outer layer of insulation. Replace the back panel.

You have now bypassed your controller, so the Auber will be in complete control of your element!

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1863.png

* 2014-06-29 10.07.57.jpg (90.82 kB, 424x523 - viewed 1018 times.)

* 2014-06-29 10.12.18.jpg (171.63 kB, 759x752 - viewed 914 times.)

* 2014-06-29 10.13.28.jpg (156.71 kB, 757x839 - viewed 942 times.)

* 2014-06-29 10.13.56.jpg (193.03 kB, 747x821 - viewed 1208 times.)

* 2014-06-29 10.15.48.jpg (180.97 kB, 748x843 - viewed 1238 times.)

* 2014-06-29 10.16.33.jpg (137.66 kB, 758x600 - viewed 1191 times.)

* 2014-06-29 10.17.24.jpg (198.77 kB, 757x839 - viewed 1240 times.)

* 2014-06-29 10.21.39.jpg (157.69 kB, 760x736 - viewed 1230 times.)

You'll love it Rick, that's the same one I have.

The app is a bit wonky at first, but you are going to LOVE the cooking presets for ramping temperatures when smoking sausage!

My Auber WS-1510DPMS has worked well with Snoopy. Soon to try out the new PID.

Reactions: flatbroke
Humorous exchange with Auber Instruments. I just ordered the 1520 for my MES. I was looking for a way to protect the control unit. I'm wondering if anyone out there uses a smoker IN the house to protect the controller? I guess I could seal off a bathroom, and tell my family to use the health club or go to a neighbors house. I thought this was amusing.

From ME to Auber
Hi,

Do you have some sort of weatherproof case to put this unit in while it is outdoors? Or a link to something that would protect it from outside moisture?

I can't imagine just leaving this unit outside.

=

From AUBER to ME

Unfortunately, we do not have something like a weatherproof case.

You are right that you should not leave the controller outside since it is not waterproof.
I think you will have to find a way to protect the controller.

Best,

Daasol

Auber Instruments

=

From ME to Auber

Great advice But..

This PID is made for a smoker.

How many of your customers use their smoker indoors? My wife won't let me smoke briskets inside the house.

Humorous exchange with Auber Instruments. I just ordered the 1520 for my MES. I was looking for a way to protect the control unit. I'm wondering if anyone out there uses a smoker IN the house to protect the controller? I guess I could seal off a bathroom, and tell my family to use the health club or go to a neighbors house. I thought this was amusing.

From ME to Auber
Hi,

Do you have some sort of weatherproof case to put this unit in while it is outdoors? Or a link to something that would protect it from outside moisture?

I can't imagine just leaving this unit outside.

=

From AUBER to ME

Unfortunately, we do not have something like a weatherproof case.

You are right that you should not leave the controller outside since it is not waterproof.
I think you will have to find a way to protect the controller.

Best,

Daasol

Auber Instruments

=

From ME to Auber

Great advice But..

This PID is made for a smoker.

How many of your customers use their smoker indoors? My wife won't let me smoke briskets inside the house.
You can go to Lowes, homepeepot and get water proof housings they use for sprinkler controls.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky