WiFi control for electric smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Carl Eric

Original poster
Apr 12, 2024
North Carolina
Has anybody used a pellet smoker PID control on an ALL ELECTRIC (on pellets) smoker. I was wondering if the pellet smoker PID control would (tune itself) to operate an ALL ELECTRIC (no pellets) smoker. I want to update to a WiFi control with built in meat probe. Everything I have found is a pellet smoker PID. All I need is on/off but can't find it with WiFi.

Thanks, that was very helpful.

Thanks, that was very helpful.
Your welcome.
I forgot to welcome you to SMF
Stop over at roll call and introduce yourself.
Also we'd like to see photos of your project.
Lots of innovative people here to add their 2 ¢ of lessons learned.

I second the welcome and also the use of the Auber PIDs.

I have 3 of them and they are VERY handy, and with the WiFi version, I can sleep peacefully know that it will alarm for hi temp, lo temp, or power loss. I don't do overnights often, but sometimes the summer sausage does get a mind of its own and you just don't have a choice.

There is a learning curve with Auber, but they beat any others I've tried, and also those that I built.

Reactions: babydocsmoke
Thats the Auber I have. Cranky was big help getting my old gray matter working to get it going. Like he said learning curve, sure was from my old Auber.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky