Another Bacon Dome w/ Loaded Mashed Potato's and Single Cut Dry Rub Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man oh man that is pure awesomeness!!!!

Thank you Civil for the love and the comment

It was a very nice meal and fun to do, and a nice show at the table

Have another one in the works for later in the summer , with smoked items inside . As I felt guilty for not doing this one in the smoker.

Love the ribs done this way also, as singles, more edges , more area for Jeff's Rub. More flavour, but still like my glazes also.

David

A ton of work and well worth the effort, nice job, looks fantastic! RAY

Thanks Ray for the comment

Yes a little bit of prep work but once it was cooking, just keep an eye on things than.
Except for the first cut, it is always a, I wonder moment, lol

Good meal and Mona and Sister and BIL were very pleased. And me also

David

Reactions: civilsmoker
Thank you Civil for the love and the comment

It was a very nice meal and fun to do, and a nice show at the table

Have another one in the works for later in the summer , with smoked items inside . As I felt guilty for not doing this one in the smoker.

Love the ribs done this way also, as singles, more edges , more area for Jeff's Rub. More flavour, but still like my glazes also.

David
I'm a huge fan of smaller sections of ribs vs the whole rack. The last 5 racks I have done have been sections of 4 ribs per serving size. That way each person gets two external and 2 internal..... I've thought about going them in double rib sections, but those singles look so good I'm going to have to try it now!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
I'm a huge fan of smaller sections of ribs vs the whole rack. The last 5 racks I have done have been sections of 4 ribs per serving size. That way each person gets two external and 2 internal..... I've thought about going them in double rib sections, but those singles look so good I'm going to have to try it now!

I have also done them 3/4 bone or what ever , but then I have some folks saying I want mine with that sauce and mine with this glaze.
If just Mona, I am good with it , I do what I know she likes , because that is what we do ,
but guests all asking different coatings , that ship has sailed, lol To many little sections to keep track of.

But doing in singles or what ever , more crusty edges to be had , :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum:

Only downside I can see with the singles is they take up more room when cooking/smoking

David

Reactions: civilsmoker
Wow David, that is just astonishing!! Truly a world-class, first-rate, 5-star presentation and meal. Excellent work sir and I just love seeing your posts, even if I'm a bit late getting here.
I meant to do a small pot of gravy just so Robert ( tx smoker tx smoker ) would not yell at me
Although you deserve to be yelled at, I'll forego it this time. You redeemed yourself on this one using the bacon ILO gravy....but don't let it happen again or else.... :emoji_wink:

Robert

• Haha
Wow David, that is just astonishing!! Truly a world-class, first-rate, 5-star presentation and meal. Excellent work sir and I just love seeing your posts, even if I'm a bit late getting here.

Although you deserve to be yelled at, I'll forego it this time. You redeemed yourself on this one using the bacon ILO gravy....but don't let it happen again or else.... :emoji_wink:

Robert

Thanks Robert for the like and the comment, you are more then kind.

Not really late I just posted last night after supper. ( maybe late to make it to supper , them bones are gone, lol )

Was a very nice meal, all were happy , and I also. And Monas sister and Husband thought it was a cool setting on the table before the cut.

Well than thank god I used bacon, in leu of Gravy, because I hate getting yelled at.

David

David, that bacon dome looks VERY impressive. Gotta try one of them. The unfortunate thing is mine would only look that impressive until I sliced and plated it. Then I'm sure it would look like pan fried spuds with some bacon scattered over the top. Pretty sure the first on will be a table setting for 2--Miss Linda and me.
Gary

David, that bacon dome looks VERY impressive. Gotta try one of them. The unfortunate thing is mine would only look that impressive until I sliced and plated it. Then I'm sure it would look like pan fried spuds with some bacon scattered over the top. Pretty sure the first on will be a table setting for 2--Miss Linda and me.
Gary

thanks Gary for the WoW and the comment

Was a very nice meal, and it is always an ah ha moment when I cut one open . lol

and love the ribs done this way also.

Most times it has stayed upright, but there has been 1 or 2 that sagged a bit too much.

Give it a whirl, and as long as it is a tight mixture, you should be fine.
( like a soft mac and cheese , would not hold, but a tight mashed with a couple eggs in it will bind and hold. )

David

Reactions: GaryHibbert
Looks fantastic David. I'm gonna have to give that bacon dome a shot pretty soon. I'm a big fan of loaded spuds. Also I still haven't tried the single cut ribs. They would be perfect with the Vortex.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks fantastic David. I'm gonna have to give that bacon dome a shot pretty soon. I'm a big fan of loaded spuds. Also I still haven't tried the single cut ribs. They would be perfect with the Vortex.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris for the like and the comment

Yes it was a very good meal and fun to build Bacon weave and all, lol

Give it a try , it makes a nice show piece on the table, also the single rubbed ribs are also good
more real estate for more outside edge and flavour.
And with the speed of your Vortex. Should not take long at all, I think Brian ( BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma ) has done singles on his.

David

Wow David!! I'm impressed! I must have missed the first go around with the potato dome....can't remember ever seeing that. Nicely done my friend!

Thanks Keith for the love and the comment

It was a very good meal and always fun to do a bacon dome,
just trying something different is always the challenge to make sure it stays up

I have posted it a couple times here, this is my first one I ever did and posted here in Aug of 2021.
It was a good one also Scalloped potatoes

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...wrapped scalloped potatoes ) lots of pictures

David

Wow Just noticed when replying back to the comments left by everyone
That this post made the carousal, I just want to thank
everyone and the powers that be for this

As it is always an honour, and it means a lot to me.
So thanks , glad it was of enough interest to make the top page spinner

David

Looks scrumpdillyicious! Is that even a word? I love it David! You never disappoint that's for sure!

Ryan

What kind of bowl do you cook that in?

Thanks Jim for the love and the comment

It is a Betty Crocker set of pans to make cakes, Mona had a set years ago and hardly ever used so got rid of it.
And I thought of this so than I had to go looking for one.

it has a perfect round bottom because it is on a stand. I have been looking for this for awhile and found it new at a yard sale for $2.00. The person does not bake . So bonus for me. I can see a few things being made in this. It has 4 different parts to make different layers at the same time for cakes
I just use the main pan, so far, lol

dome pan 1.JPG
dome pan 2.JPG

Once I had the bacon stick to the pan from cooking and did not let the pan lift off pretty at all. so even though it is a coated pan , I always spray with cooking oil first. So far they all slide off good , so I can flip and broil the bacon cover/skin layer

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky