A LITTLE PORK FOR SUPER BOWL SUNDAY

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gary s

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 6, 2011
Gotta smoke something for Super Bowl Sunday, especially when its 75 and sunny.
#1 son picked you some Spares and Sausage at Same's a week or so ago, I had a couple of racks of Baby Backs
I had intentions of taking more pics, but when you holler "IT'S READY" at my house you better stand back.
Like a bunch of Vultures who hasn't eaten for a week.
This is what I wound up with.

This was two racks of Spares in one package, and the Sausage came from Sam's The Baby Backs from Brookshire's By one get one free
IMG_1888.jpg

Spares
IMG_1889.jpg

IMG_1890.jpg

Baby Backs
IMG_1892.jpg

I used Jeff's Rub on everything, I'll have to say That's some mighty fine rub.
IMG_1893.jpg
IMG_1894.jpg

On the Smoker
IMG_1896.jpg

Ready to wrap
IMG_1899.jpg

In the oven tell we gey the Table ready and call the gang
IMG_1900.jpg

Wife made Tater salad and Cole Slaw
IMG_1901.jpg

I didn't get any pics of the sausage or Boudin (The Boudin I made a couple of weeks ago) We had the neighbors #1 son and his bunch another grandson and us.
Everybody really went on about the Ribs and the Flavor (Jeff's Rub" and The Sauce "Jeff's also" I told my neighbor if I had been cooking in a competition I would have had to throw the ribs away, eat em or give the to somebody, He said "WHY" I told him they were to tender, fall off the bone, he said that's crazy !!! I said well, I'm cooking for friends and family not competition so were all good.
Again Sorry for no more pics than this but I was also tilling my garden and visiting and waiting on the game.
Game turned out Great, I was worried for a bit, but KC pulled it out.
Ya'll probably wondering why an East Texas would be rooting for KC ??? Well Pat Mahomes is a local boy who grew up in Whitehouse, went to school with two of my grandsons. We watched hi ply Jr. High and High school ball. He was just as good at baseball and basketball as he is in football.

Thanks

Gary

Nice looking cook. Would love to grab one of those ribs off the plate... or two... :emoji_yum:

JC :emoji_cat:

Gotta smoke something for Super Bowl Sunday, especially when its 75 and sunny.
That has to stop an desist east Texas weather reports.
Food looks great Bud I know what ya mean ding ding move over. Likes
Richie
I agree with the rub being great.

Thanks guys much appreciated

Gary

Great looking spread you got there Gary! Great game and happy for Mahomes and Reid even though they knocked the Titans out a couple weeks ago!

Looks Awesome, Gary!!
You always have a Nice Spread at Your house!!
I got some of Jeff's Rubs, but I didn't try them yet. I just didn't make anything that needs rub yet, but Jeff's BBQ Sauce is my only sauce I use any more. I love it!!
Nice Job, Gary!
Like.
BTW: I was a little worried in the 4th Quarter, but they pulled it out---Awesome!!

Bear

BTW: I was a little worried in the 4th Quarter, but they pulled it out---Awesome!!

Bear

Yep we were worried to, but that young man and the team are awesome. At first I thought SF just wanted it more but KC finally got onto their groove .
and Thanks I love to cook and have folks over. Kids and Grand-kids are use to all my smoking.

Gary

Thanks xray

Gary

Thanks WaterinHole

Gary

All looks great Gary! My family and friends all love the fall off the bone too. I usually do them that way for them although I prefer a little bite to mine. I agree with you on Jeff's rub and sauce. Especially the sauce, I have several friends who travel extensively and consider themselves Q connoisseurs who swear its the best they have ever eaten.

All looks great Gary! My family and friends all love the fall off the bone too. I usually do them that way for them although I prefer a little bite to mine. I agree with you on Jeff's rub and sauce. Especially the sauce, I have several friends who travel extensively and consider themselves Q connoisseurs who swear its the best they have ever eaten.

I'm with you on the bite and Thanks

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky