3 1/2 Pound T-Bone: An Exercise In Simplicity (W / Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great Looking meal!
I tend to go simple on rubs and marinades too. Usually SPOG and Henderson's relish for beef.
Chicken and pork pretty much just SPOG no marinade. For chicken and pork I usually cook larger quantities so we have leftovers to use through out the week or to freeze for later. SO keeping the initial cook simple allows us to use the meat in all kinds of different preparations. Monday I cooked chicken breast which we had in salad that day. Next day I chopped up a breast and we made chicken salad to go on toast. Tonight will be the rest shredded and mixed up taco style for burritos.

A simple meal that became a work of art! My wife would like the medium temp you reached. But like you and others in SMF, I like medium rare. But would not turn it down!!! You could put that meal into a single recipe and call it "The Texas Pit, Spit, and Plate." 🍻

Robert, phenomenal looking meal my friend! Everything looks so tasty! I have to admit, that pic of the steak with the flames was just awesome! I do have to say, I am jealous of your weather.... :emoji_sunglasses:

That's a great looking meal . I bet that char on the steak gave great flavor . Nice work .

It took an hour and a half to get to 105 then less than 15 minutes later it was at 130.
That's the way that goes . ( I know you know that ) Drives me crazy . I spend the next day checking therms . Always a blow to the ego when you take pride in your food , and serving others .
Still comes out good , sometimes even better .

Wow Robert! That picture of the T-bone spinning looks magazine worthy! The whole plate looks right up my alley, love the salad and the au jus too.

I’d love to sit down to a meal like that, it’s perfect.

Simple, yet delicious. I’m all about that, Robert! Enjoyed the pics.

Thanks so much for the kind words Derek. Greatly appreciate it sir.

Well said, Jake. And I personally prefer medium, so this would have been perfect for me.

I have to agree. Jake hit the nail smack dab on the head with his statement.

I have to say Robert, thats the first time ive seen a t-bone steak on a rotisserie! It is beautiful! I stared at that picture for a while! Lol. Fantastic job sir!

Thanks Travis. That's not your typical T-Bone though so I didn't cook it in the typical fashion :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: Sowsage
SO keeping the initial cook simple allows us to use the meat in all kinds of different preparations.

Now that makes a LOT of sense!! Great approach to preparing the main part of the meal so it can be used in multiple ways.

You could put that meal into a single recipe and call it "The Texas Pit, Spit, and Plate." 🍻

Hee hee hee...that's kinda funny. You got it all covered and even included the beer. That's important :emoji_wink:

Robert, phenomenal looking meal my friend!

Thanks so much Justin. Very much appreciate it sir.

I have to admit, that pic of the steak with the flames was just awesome!

Gotta agree. I was pretty happy to see that one when I pulled the pics off the phone. By far the best pic of the bunch.

That's a great looking meal . I bet that char on the steak gave great flavor . Nice work .

Thanks Chop. I used to shoot for those elusive grill marks but have come to the conclusion that a good char is a far better way to go and you're not likely to get both.

Robert

Reactions: chopsaw
Wow Robert! That picture of the T-bone spinning looks magazine worthy!

That may be a bit of a stretch but I thought the pic came out well. Thanks for the accolades my friend.

Wow Robert, that looks like one first class meal brother!

GREAT BIG LIKE!

Congrats on the well deserved carousel ride....

JOHN!! Man, it's great to see you again buddy and thank you for the kind words. Hope things are improving on your end. You have been missed sir.

Wow! A great meal! Big like

Thank you Disco!! I was happy with all of it except for torching the meat :emoji_astonished:

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky