2012 Masterbuilt Smokers - NEW 30" & 40" Models!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ron P got me to buy one of the original MES 40s. 800 watts . I  got the first one sold here. Sams shipped it in from a store up north.

As of today ,i am the owner of a new 1200 watt 40". $299. from sams. $39 for the 3 year warranty.

Ron P got me to buy one of the original MES 40s. 800 watts . I  got the first one sold here. Sams shipped it in from a store up north.
 As of today ,i am the owner of a new 1200 watt 40". $299. from sams. $39 for the 3 year warranty.
Test it out and tell me how it does this week. I have put off buying my smoker.. I don't know what I really want... I got the money now for about any one I want... Since I am a begginer I don't know what to do.. :(

Thanks for the input Bear.

Just got my Maverick ET 732 from Todd last week. Both probes verified 212* on the BW test. I'll be busier than a Huey Pilot monotoring all these probes. lol

From what I have learned about the MES controller, it is a Plug & Play unit. I would really love to have it read accurately. If Maverick can do it, so can who ever puts the controllers in for the MES.

just put my new 20070213 together, and I am now seasoning it. so far so good This weekend it shall get a test.

I used the meat probe on my MES 40" this weekend and there was only a 3 degree difference between it and my Maverick. Just wanted to update and let everyone know. So far very pleased with the performance of my smoker.

My MES 30" reads on the money after it tops out at whatever temp you set. Have an oven gauge in the smoker also at the same level as the MES temp gauge. No problems yet with mine.

Just bought a new 40" MES and it arrived today! Super excited, bought 3 B Butts, 2 racks baby backs, and two whole chickens today! Going to have a family/friends reunion this weekend and didn't want to have to to tend my Webber kettle all night! Lunch is served at noon! Got everything unpacked and opened page 2 of the directions (yes I read the directions because I want my $hit to last) and noticed a warning for proposition 65. Almost made me want to send the thing back! But it's prob no big deal? Anyone have an idea of what could be so toxic besides the electrical cord?

Just bought a new 40" MES and it arrived today! Super excited, bought 3 B Butts, 2 racks baby backs, and two whole chickens today! Going to have a family/friends reunion this weekend and didn't want to have to to tend my Webber kettle all night! Lunch is served at noon! Got everything unpacked and opened page 2 of the directions (yes I read the directions because I want my $hit to last) and noticed a warning for proposition 65. Almost made me want to send the thing back! But it's prob no big deal? Anyone have an idea of what could be so toxic besides the electrical cord?
I'm guessing the oil residues from manufacturing, insulation, wiring jackets, and if you use it in an enclosed area, the fumes from the burning fuel. They're just doing a little CYA.

Bear

Academy Sports and Outdoors has the MES 40" ALL STAINLESS 2nd generation version for $299 + $15 shipping...(if you don't live near one) 

Not too sure how long the sale is on, but this is the same one I have and it's a keeper!

Academy Sports and Outdoors has the MES 40" ALL STAINLESS 2nd generation version for $299 + $15 shipping...(if you don't live near one) 

Not too sure how long the sale is on, but this is the same one I have and it's a keeper!
Do you have a link to that?

I have never seen any ALL SS MES 40 for $299, of any generation.

Thanks,

Bear

Thanks Tim!!!-----Amazing!!!

The picture is the one I got two years ago, but at the time Cabelas was showing the black one in their ad picture.

I'm wondering if AS & O is showing the ALL SS, and selling the black one.

My ALL SS was on sale for $349 when I got it----What did you pay for your ALL SS.

Bear
Hey Bear...

Mine was $349 at the time of purchase (last October) and when I looked at both of the closest Academy stores last week, all they had in stock were the all stainless (Mod 20070311) the same as mine, at the current $299 price point...

Hey Bear...

Mine was $349 at the time of purchase (last October) and when I looked at both of the closest Academy stores last week, all they had in stock were the all stainless (Mod 20070311) the same as mine, at the current $299 price point...
Wow!!!!

WOW!!! That link shows a GEN1 MES40 at Academy for $299 +$15 shipping. It shows the correct model and even a video of the generation one unit. That's the old tried & true model that everyone wants. I won't be surprised if they sell out of those in no time at all. Anyone that wants a great electric smoker better order one quick, you may never have another chance (since that model appears to have been replaced with the less reliable "new" one.

BUY ONE NOW FELLOWS!
http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_638908_-1

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky