‹(•¿•)›¸,ø¤º Glued's º¤ø,¸¸,øº OMGFD's ºø,¸‹(•¿•)›

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
First off let me say wife walked in and caught me licking the monitor!!! lol French Dip is one of my top 5 Foods i am excited to try this one out my question is....you said............................................. " Place it in aluminum pan and add 3 cups of Au Jus (1pk McCormick's)"

now is that McCormicks Au Jus mix or what my experience with powder mixes is they only make about 1 cup per pack so i am not sure what you are talking about with the Au Jus and Mc Cormicks

I believe that's the Mcormics aus jus powder . Pkg says add 3 cups water and simmer .
For clarification though , the roast goes in the pan after about a hour to save the drippings from the meat , after the meat is cooked add the drippings to the aus jus mix.

I tried adding the aus jus while the roast was cooking , didn't work too great
PDT_Armataz_01_04.gif

I seriously need to stop reading this site before lunch. Especially on a day I'm working from home and the only thing in the house to eat is Baloney.

I've done the French Dip before and it was delicious. I have found that the best cut of roast to use is the "Chuck Tender Roast" and it will come off of the smoker at 145-150 degrees internal. My wife requested I do one this week end to take with us camping. You simply cannot go wrong making this. Just follow the directions. It is simple yet fantastic.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Looks Great! Chucks are the bomb!(the thicker the better) I was looking at one this P.M. for Sunday. Smoked one a few weeks ago and look foward to the next.

I have a beer can chicken going, just wanted to see what was going on!

Mike

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky