‹(•¿•)›¸,ø¤º Glued's º¤ø,¸¸,øº OMGFD's ºø,¸‹(•¿•)›

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

glued2it

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
Tulsa
Here goes another batch of Glued2it's OMGFD (Oh My Gosh French Dips)
Rips last batch of these made me want more!

I started with one good hand selected 2.72lb Chuck roast from the butcher.
Thrown some of Jeff's rub, Inject it with Italian dressing, wrap it with Saran wrap and let it sit tin the fridge for about 12+ hours.

Throw it on the grill to get a good sear.
Then Move it to smoker and smoke with Pecan @ 250º for about 4hrs.

Place it in aluminum pan and add 3 cups of Au Jus (1pk McCormick's)
This really good flavor and makes the meat real tender!
Let it cook till it reaches 200º

Pull it out and slice it. The knife will fall into it more than cut it!
Put the slices back in the pan until ready to serve!

French rolls work best for this application. Butter and toast them.
The buttery toasted rolls really set off the flavor of the meat.

I use a turkey baster to pull the juices out of the pan for dipping. Since the oil sits on tops you can suck up the juices from the bottom.

When you bite into one of these all you can say is; OH MY GOSH!

NO TEETH REQUIRED!!!!

I shook in some of Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning in the potatoes.

Good lookin q there glued!!!!
smile.gif
I have been lacking a little now I need to get something smoked!!!!!!!!!!!

Great job my friend.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
I do almost exactly like you, but I use the liquid aujus concentrate made by Johnnys fine foods, and I use onion cheese Kaiser rolls from Safeway. Looking at yours just put me in the mood to go to the fridge and fix a sandwich myself.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Thank God for leftovers.
biggrin.gif

Glued,

Just out of curiousity...when you injected it, did you wrap it in Saran wrap? So that might mean that you rub, wrap, and then inject?

Whenever I inject something, I always either wrap it or inject while it's still in the cryopac. Otherwise, I have juice shooting all over the room.

It was in the order specified.
I inject before wrapping. I guess I've injected so much, I got a real good hand at it.

Disclaimer;
For all the smarty pants, I'm reffering to injecting meat that you cook!

You've learned well grasshoppah.

Thanks for the recipe, I wonder the mixture of soy sauce with the Itallian dressing will do? That's is what I use to marinate grilles pork chops with. Might be a bit salty though for french dips.

Gluded2it That so is some juicey meat. I'm going to have to try that and hopefully it'll turn out at least that good.

I know I'm reeeal late responding to this but I want to do this tomorrow. D

*** Did you let it rest at all after it hit 200?

*** It seems everyone pulls when it gets above 195 or so. Just curious what allows it slice rather than pull at 200. The injection? The au Jus? Something else?

Looks absolutely wonderful, though!!!
icon_smile.gif

Well, Glue's not around SMF any more to answer ya- so I'll take a stab:

Rest ALL meat- it allows the juice/moisture to re-distribute thru the cut.

You'll most likely need a sharp knife indeed! But even if it DOES fall apart, it's still a great French dip!

Looks like he made a kettle type gravy with the drippings there. Classic French dip is the Au jus- reduced over low heat, but whatever...it'll be good either way.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky