SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Electric Smokers › MES JMSS (Lowes) vs MES 20078715 (Amazon)?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MES JMSS (Lowes) vs MES 20078715 (Amazon)? - Page 6

post #101 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyEph View Post
 

 

Ready for Season 2 and I think I'm going to get the AMNPS.

Where do you place it in a MES1.0?  Have you got a picture, Bear?

Also, what pellets do you use and where do you get them?


Thanks and happy smoking!

 

It depends on which MES you have:

 

In Both the MES 40 Gen#1 and the MES 30 Gen #1, the AMNPS works best on the support rods, to the left of the Chip burner assembly.

 

All other MES units seem to work best with the bottom rack in position, and the AMNPS on the right end of that rack. Then you can pull the Chip dumper out a couple inches to give the AMNPS more air flow & push it back in for less air.

 

 

Bear

post #102 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post

It depends on which MES you have:

In Both the MES 40 Gen#1 and the MES 30 Gen #1, the AMNPS works best on the support rods, to the left of the Chip burner assembly.

All other MES units seem to work best with the bottom rack in position, and the AMNPS on the right end of that rack. Then you can pull the Chip dumper out a couple inches to give the AMNPS more air flow & push it back in for less air.


Bear

Thanks! Hickory pellets from Amazon a good all around choice?
post #103 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyEph View Post


Thanks! Hickory pellets from Amazon a good all around choice?

 

 

I get mine from Todd at Amazing Smoker too.

 

However if you have "Prime" and get Free shipping, I don't blame you for getting them from Amazon.

 

Then again, you can check out the dealer's list below to see if any of the stores near you carry Amazing Smoker Pellets:

 

http://www.amazenproducts.com/v/vspfiles/downloadables/DealerList.pdf

 

 

 

Bear

post #104 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post
 

 

 

I get mine from Todd at Amazing Smoker too.

 

However if you have "Prime" and get Free shipping, I don't blame you for getting them from Amazon.

 

Then again, you can check out the dealer's list below to see if any of the stores near you carry Amazing Smoker Pellets:

 

http://www.amazenproducts.com/v/vspfiles/downloadables/DealerList.pdf

 

 

 

Bear

 

Thanks for the list.  None near me.  I'll give Amazon some more of my money.

How critical is it to get the Amazen pellets vs the cheaper ones that have alder mixed in?  Do the Amazen pellets light easier and stay lit better?  Or, it is just a matter of flavor?  You can get 5lbs of mix for the price of 2lbs of their brand of pellets.

 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C4ZSE9I/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B013IN5AW8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

post #105 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyEph View Post
 

 

Thanks for the list.  None near me.  I'll give Amazon some more of my money.

How critical is it to get the Amazen pellets vs the cheaper ones that have alder mixed in?  Do the Amazen pellets light easier and stay lit better?  Or, it is just a matter of flavor?  You can get 5lbs of mix for the price of 2lbs of their brand of pellets.

 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C4ZSE9I/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B013IN5AW8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER


I can't tell you---All I ever use is Amazing Pellets from Todd.

 

The only ones of his I can't burn are 100% Cherry, but I think it's the natural oil in the Cherry wood.

I want to get some Cherry Dust from Todd, but I keep forgetting. I know that will work for me.

 

Bear


Edited by Bearcarver - 4/10/17 at 6:22am
post #106 of 106

I have been tempted by Amazon, but Todd's pellets and dust "just work," and he's a great guy to deal with. Compared to the cost of the meat I'm smoking, the cost of the pellets for each smoke is trivial. So, like others, I recommend getting everything from Todd.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Electric Smokers
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Electric Smokers › MES JMSS (Lowes) vs MES 20078715 (Amazon)?