- 150 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Location: Dallas-Ft. Worth
- Points: 25
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicBriskettagged by Davidhef88, 11/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is actually a review for Traegers customer service. I don't own a Traeger, but I borrowed and damaged one. I have a Yoder 640. I had loaded 70lbs of pork into it, and went to bed. In the...
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
First brisket in yearspost #1 of 1911/9/13 at 9:17pmThread StarterI haven't smoked a brisket in over 5 years, because my old Chargriller Duo didn't hold heat well enough. I just got my new pit from Pits by J.J. and am throwing the brisket on over pecan wood around 1am. The lump charcoal is almost ready, & then I'll add the wood. I'm going to use a basic Texas rub of black pepper and salt but added a little brown sugar (my wife spent years in KC), some garlic and a little cayenne for some heat. It's a CAB brisket, & I trimmed the fat cap down to about a quarter inch. It's not the most marbled brisket, so I plan on cooking with the cap up. I'll post pictures along the way.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 1911/9/13 at 9:52pmpost #3 of 1911/9/13 at 9:59pmpost #4 of 1911/9/13 at 10:19pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1911/10/13 at 12:05amThread Starterpost #6 of 1911/10/13 at 1:25amThread Starterpost #7 of 1911/10/13 at 1:43ampost #8 of 1911/10/13 at 4:51ampost #9 of 1911/10/13 at 6:31amThread Starterpost #10 of 1911/10/13 at 6:53ampost #11 of 1911/10/13 at 7:22amThread StarterThanks...it's probably going to be done earlier than planned, but that just means we get a little snack before dinner which will be brisket & pulled pork poboys. I started a football season tradition a few years ago called "Eat the opponent" in which I grill something from the town of the team the Cowboys are playing. It's a great way to find new recipes, & the wife seems to enjoy it.post #12 of 1911/10/13 at 10:59amThread Starterpost #13 of 1911/10/13 at 12:21pmpost #14 of 1911/10/13 at 5:20pmThread Starterpost #15 of 1911/10/13 at 5:53pmpost #16 of 1911/10/13 at 6:40pmThread StarterI was wondering something similar today. This one cooked faster than planned, so I put it in the cooler wrapped in foil & towels at 190 IT around 1:00 but didn't cut it until a little before 7. It was still nice and hot, but I'm not sure how much longer it would've stayed that way.post #17 of 1911/10/13 at 7:05pmgreat looking brisket.
When holding meat you want to keep it above 140 degrees. i have held pork butts for 7 hrs in a cooler wrapped in towels and they were still at 160 when i pulledpost #18 of 1911/10/13 at 7:37pm
- First brisket in years
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
Currently, there are 442 Active Users (33 Members and 409 Guests)
- › Enchiladas de Pollo Verde aka Green Chicken Enchiladas 3 minutes ago
- › Help: Non-pork, Non-Beef venison sausage? 3 minutes ago
- › A Little Butt Ham 4 minutes ago
- › Lavatools Javelin- 25% off at Amazon 6 minutes ago
- › Mule's 200 pound chicken plus 25 pounds of sausage smoked 12 minutes ago
- › Help: bought some flavorless bacon 15 minutes ago
- › Double Smoked Ham (Bear Style) 24 minutes ago
- › First shot at pulled pork 25 minutes ago
- › Double Smoked Ham this weekend 25 minutes ago
- › UDS Plans Needed 26 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by montanashawn
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman