- 150 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Location: Dallas-Ft. Worth
- Points: 25
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicBriskettagged by Davidhef88, 11/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
I have smoked ribs, beer can chicken, pork butts, chicken breasts, all have turned out great. I just turn it on set the temp and forget it.
I agree with everything yamafx4dude said. The box itself is great. Well insulted and large enough for a large family I need to smoke for. However the electronics in this unit suck… DO NOT depend...
This is a nice set it and forget it type of thing. One thing I do want to mention on it...lump coal is not easy to work with on this. Stay with Kingsford. Well made and works like a charm. I am not...
First brisket in yearspost #1 of 1911/9/13 at 9:17pmThread StarterI haven't smoked a brisket in over 5 years, because my old Chargriller Duo didn't hold heat well enough. I just got my new pit from Pits by J.J. and am throwing the brisket on over pecan wood around 1am. The lump charcoal is almost ready, & then I'll add the wood. I'm going to use a basic Texas rub of black pepper and salt but added a little brown sugar (my wife spent years in KC), some garlic and a little cayenne for some heat. It's a CAB brisket, & I trimmed the fat cap down to about a quarter inch. It's not the most marbled brisket, so I plan on cooking with the cap up. I'll post pictures along the way.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 1911/9/13 at 9:52pmpost #3 of 1911/9/13 at 9:59pmpost #4 of 1911/9/13 at 10:19pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1911/10/13 at 12:05amThread Starterpost #6 of 1911/10/13 at 1:25amThread Starterpost #7 of 1911/10/13 at 1:43ampost #8 of 1911/10/13 at 4:51ampost #9 of 1911/10/13 at 6:31amThread Starterpost #10 of 1911/10/13 at 6:53ampost #11 of 1911/10/13 at 7:22amThread StarterThanks...it's probably going to be done earlier than planned, but that just means we get a little snack before dinner which will be brisket & pulled pork poboys. I started a football season tradition a few years ago called "Eat the opponent" in which I grill something from the town of the team the Cowboys are playing. It's a great way to find new recipes, & the wife seems to enjoy it.post #12 of 1911/10/13 at 10:59amThread Starterpost #13 of 1911/10/13 at 12:21pmpost #14 of 1911/10/13 at 5:20pmThread Starterpost #15 of 1911/10/13 at 5:53pmpost #16 of 1911/10/13 at 6:40pmThread StarterI was wondering something similar today. This one cooked faster than planned, so I put it in the cooler wrapped in foil & towels at 190 IT around 1:00 but didn't cut it until a little before 7. It was still nice and hot, but I'm not sure how much longer it would've stayed that way.post #17 of 1911/10/13 at 7:05pmgreat looking brisket.
When holding meat you want to keep it above 140 degrees. i have held pork butts for 7 hrs in a cooler wrapped in towels and they were still at 160 when i pulledpost #18 of 1911/10/13 at 7:37pm
- First brisket in years
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
Currently, there are 507 Active Users (20 Members and 487 Guests)
- › Back Ribs Foil Ingredients 29 seconds ago
- › Is it bad to smoke meat in a shed?? 16 minutes ago
- › Grillstock - The BBQ Cook Book 23 minutes ago
- › Another Greenhorn! 28 minutes ago
- › Fassets Fatty cannon patties! 31 minutes ago
- › I'm Sold On SV !! 35 minutes ago
- › Australian Brisket - with Q-View! 58 minutes ago
- › Sous Vide Experiment 59 minutes ago
- › The WiFi Anova Drummie cook 1 hour ago
- › Thank you 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter by Cornman
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot