- 150 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Location: Dallas-Ft. Worth
- Points: 25
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicBriskettagged by Davidhef88, 11/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
You won't find these at Wal-Mart!!!
I purchased one of the very early Traeger Lil' Tex models about 20 years ago. It was the first pellet grill I had ever seen and I fell in love instantly. Over time I added a digital thermometer to...
This product will not work in a propane smoker and it is a known defect by Amazen. The gas fire fights with the smoker for the air supply and the smoker usually looses an will not burn. They...
My stock temp gauge after 3 uses was about 50 degrees off. So I ordered this one cause I have seen this one in many videos and pictures. and the rating was good. Had to make the hole bigger to...
I purchased this grill on 5-05-2017-----so I purchased this grill (Tailgater in Blue) from my local ACE hardware and the temps are all over the place, so far I have e-mailed back and forth (3...
First brisket in yearspost #1 of 1911/9/13 at 9:17pmThread StarterI haven't smoked a brisket in over 5 years, because my old Chargriller Duo didn't hold heat well enough. I just got my new pit from Pits by J.J. and am throwing the brisket on over pecan wood around 1am. The lump charcoal is almost ready, & then I'll add the wood. I'm going to use a basic Texas rub of black pepper and salt but added a little brown sugar (my wife spent years in KC), some garlic and a little cayenne for some heat. It's a CAB brisket, & I trimmed the fat cap down to about a quarter inch. It's not the most marbled brisket, so I plan on cooking with the cap up. I'll post pictures along the way.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 1911/9/13 at 9:52pmpost #3 of 1911/9/13 at 9:59pmpost #4 of 1911/9/13 at 10:19pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1911/10/13 at 12:05amThread Starterpost #6 of 1911/10/13 at 1:25amThread Starterpost #7 of 1911/10/13 at 1:43ampost #8 of 1911/10/13 at 4:51ampost #9 of 1911/10/13 at 6:31amThread Starterpost #10 of 1911/10/13 at 6:53ampost #11 of 1911/10/13 at 7:22amThread StarterThanks...it's probably going to be done earlier than planned, but that just means we get a little snack before dinner which will be brisket & pulled pork poboys. I started a football season tradition a few years ago called "Eat the opponent" in which I grill something from the town of the team the Cowboys are playing. It's a great way to find new recipes, & the wife seems to enjoy it.post #12 of 1911/10/13 at 10:59amThread Starterpost #13 of 1911/10/13 at 12:21pmpost #14 of 1911/10/13 at 5:20pmThread Starterpost #15 of 1911/10/13 at 5:53pmpost #16 of 1911/10/13 at 6:40pmThread StarterI was wondering something similar today. This one cooked faster than planned, so I put it in the cooler wrapped in foil & towels at 190 IT around 1:00 but didn't cut it until a little before 7. It was still nice and hot, but I'm not sure how much longer it would've stayed that way.post #17 of 1911/10/13 at 7:05pmgreat looking brisket.
When holding meat you want to keep it above 140 degrees. i have held pork butts for 7 hrs in a cooler wrapped in towels and they were still at 160 when i pulledpost #18 of 1911/10/13 at 7:37pm
- First brisket in years
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
Currently, there are 557 Active Users (29 Members and 528 Guests)
- › Chimney/Stack? 2 minutes ago
- › CDC report shows foodborne botulism poisoning increasing .... 10 minutes ago
- › Help with smoking pulled pork!! 12 minutes ago
- › Jeff's Alabama white sauce 19 minutes ago
- › New to smoking, having to adjust smoker a lot 27 minutes ago
- › IT'S TIIIIIIMMME!!!!!!! FINALLY BUILDING MY REVERSE FLOW!! 33 minutes ago
- › When to start a butt for a party at 4? 36 minutes ago
- › Fathers Day Pit Beef Open Wood Fire 42 minutes ago
- › smoking Babybacks on Weber Genesis 43 minutes ago
- › Jerk style chicken quarters anyone? 46 minutes ago
- › Old Country Brasos by ammaturesmoker
- › Traeger Lil' Tex Elite Pellet Grill by Gjd53
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by Smokedevil
- › 3 Inch Large Smoker Thermometer by Tragusa113
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by bigdumbjarhead
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by 603Smoker
- › Kingsford 30520 Competition Briquets, 11.1-Pound Bag by daRicksta
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by BC taster
- › Brinkmann Pro Series 4400 by LilyArscott
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by Jarch
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS