- 150 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Location: Dallas-Ft. Worth
- Points: 25
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicBriskettagged by Davidhef88, 11/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
If you want a serious thermometer, this is for you. It comes with 2 meat probes & one air probe, also included is a USB charger. It also has an auxiliary plug that I don't know what it is for, but...
Got this for convenience and the ease of smoking at tailgates or events without pulling the stick burner. Smoked several meals on it now. While I was assembling the smoker, i saw the wood chip tray...
If you ever wanted to make sausage and jerky this is the book that will get you started. Easy step-by-step instructions show you how to bone out a deer for sausage and jerky. Also includes both...
I know it's bad form to be underwhelmed by this book, but am I the only one who actually read it? There are duplicated parts, there is no discernible order to it, and it is mostly aimed at people...
I received this smoker as a gift - it's the 30" model. I read in the forums here about some mods to improve functionality and I did them: installed a base and casters, added some insulation around...
First brisket in yearspost #1 of 1911/9/13 at 9:17pmThread StarterI haven't smoked a brisket in over 5 years, because my old Chargriller Duo didn't hold heat well enough. I just got my new pit from Pits by J.J. and am throwing the brisket on over pecan wood around 1am. The lump charcoal is almost ready, & then I'll add the wood. I'm going to use a basic Texas rub of black pepper and salt but added a little brown sugar (my wife spent years in KC), some garlic and a little cayenne for some heat. It's a CAB brisket, & I trimmed the fat cap down to about a quarter inch. It's not the most marbled brisket, so I plan on cooking with the cap up. I'll post pictures along the way.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 1911/9/13 at 9:52pmpost #3 of 1911/9/13 at 9:59pmpost #4 of 1911/9/13 at 10:19pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1911/10/13 at 12:05amThread Starterpost #6 of 1911/10/13 at 1:25amThread Starterpost #7 of 1911/10/13 at 1:43ampost #8 of 1911/10/13 at 4:51ampost #9 of 1911/10/13 at 6:31amThread Starterpost #10 of 1911/10/13 at 6:53ampost #11 of 1911/10/13 at 7:22amThread StarterThanks...it's probably going to be done earlier than planned, but that just means we get a little snack before dinner which will be brisket & pulled pork poboys. I started a football season tradition a few years ago called "Eat the opponent" in which I grill something from the town of the team the Cowboys are playing. It's a great way to find new recipes, & the wife seems to enjoy it.post #12 of 1911/10/13 at 10:59amThread Starterpost #13 of 1911/10/13 at 12:21pmpost #14 of 1911/10/13 at 5:20pmThread Starterpost #15 of 1911/10/13 at 5:53pmpost #16 of 1911/10/13 at 6:40pmThread StarterI was wondering something similar today. This one cooked faster than planned, so I put it in the cooler wrapped in foil & towels at 190 IT around 1:00 but didn't cut it until a little before 7. It was still nice and hot, but I'm not sure how much longer it would've stayed that way.post #17 of 1911/10/13 at 7:05pmgreat looking brisket.
When holding meat you want to keep it above 140 degrees. i have held pork butts for 7 hrs in a cooler wrapped in towels and they were still at 160 when i pulledpost #18 of 1911/10/13 at 7:37pm
- First brisket in years
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
Currently, there are 600 Active Users (42 Members and 558 Guests)
- › South Dakota Smoker 1 minute ago
- › New Dyna-Glo vertical offset smoker 2 minutes ago
- › Hello 3 minutes ago
- › Hello from N Fla 4 minutes ago
- › First Brisket Flat w/Q View 6 minutes ago
- › New from Utah 6 minutes ago
- › Sausage Break 10 minutes ago
- › 2nd-ish attempt at pork butt. 11 minutes ago
- › BACON (Extra Smoky) 14 minutes ago
- › What should my first Sous Vide meal be? 19 minutes ago
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › Masterbuilt Two Door Propane Smoker by JASinIL2006
- › Outdoor Leisure Products Smoke Hollow 38202G by csparrazza
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by mikeg1218
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by fivebadgers
- › GMG by Kirby27
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine