or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › Grilling Pork › Spit roasted greek Style Pork + Lamb Kebabs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Spit roasted greek Style Pork + Lamb Kebabs

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 

Today my dish was first "Spit roasted greek style Pork" from a special Pork  from Spain, we called " Porco Iberico" and than Lamb Kebabs.

 

IMGP1679.JPG

 

Is a perfect quality, very tasty, juicy and of course, fatty icon_cool.gif

 

IMGP1683.JPG

 

IMGP1701.JPG

 

IMGP1718.JPG

 

IMGP1724.JPG

 

IMGP1732.JPG

 

IMGP1741.JPG

 

 

 

 

post #2 of 14

Very impressive bit of pork,lovely marbling & a very good beer.biggrin.gif.Those Czechs invented pilsener & never looked back.I cant read the label in full but figure its the same one that gets shipped hereaussieflag.giffor discerning beer drinkers.Great meal. Gosser from Austria also very nice& Paulener  & a few others.

post #3 of 14

That looks excellent, John!  I love cooking meat on a spit over hot coals.... great job for sure.

 

And as for the original Budweiser...ja ja...  das ist ausgezeichnetes bier!  Prost!

 

-Salt

post #4 of 14

Looks Awesome

 

What is it wrapped in? Looks homemade and delicious!

post #5 of 14

John, you probably know this, but I thought I'd pass it along just in case you're not aware of this sauce.  When I do pork or lamb like that (on the rod) I like to wrap it in pita or Syrian bread, similar to your presentation above.  We also love to put tzatziki sauce on them.  I was made aware of tzatziki by a close Greek friend who gave me his family recipe for this sauce.  I don't have his exact recipe handy but the following is very close.  Thought you might be interested in giving it a try if you've never had it.  It really compliments lamb and pork cooked like this.

 

http://greekfood.about.com/od/dipsspreadspures1/r/Tzatziki.htm

 

-Salt

post #6 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayStratCat View Post

John, you probably know this, but I thought I'd pass it along just in case you're not aware of this sauce.  When I do pork or lamb like that (on the rod) I like to wrap it in pita or Syrian bread, similar to your presentation above.  We also love to put tzatziki sauce on them.  I was made aware of tzatziki by a close Greek friend who gave me his family recipe for this sauce.  I don't have his exact recipe handy but the following is very close.  Thought you might be interested in giving it a try if you've never had it.  It really compliments lamb and pork cooked like this.

 

http://greekfood.about.com/od/dipsspreadspures1/r/Tzatziki.htm

 

-Salt


Hi, thank you for your recipe. Not every dish from Greek is with Tzaziki. We can buy it in every food store, but i do not like it for any time. You can eat it here at every house warming party or other party's like this. My "bread" is just a pan cake, I love this and i can add some fresh herbs, onions or other stuff.

 

post #7 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitt View Post

Looks Awesome

 

What is it wrapped in? Looks homemade and delicious!



Is just a pan cake thumb1%20copy.gif

post #8 of 14

It looks delicious!

 

Great looking meal!

post #9 of 14

Beautiful presentation and awesome pics!

 

Good luck and good smoking.

post #10 of 14

What a great idea I have to try this.  Thanks for sharing it.

post #11 of 14

That looks tasty. My Father in law loves that Budweiser Budvar beer. He has been raving about it ever since he went to visit my brother in law in Prague last year.

post #12 of 14

Those look very tasty. That is the original Budweiser. A-B stole the name some underhanded "legal" way. They threatened to sue Budvar for using the name they invented. Didn't work out. Thankfully. One of the many reason I boycott A-B products.

post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by alelover View Post

That is the original Budweiser. A-B stole the name some underhanded "legal" way. They threatened to sue Budvar for using the name they invented. Didn't work out. Thankfully. One of the many reason I boycott A-B products.



That's what my father in law was telling me.

post #14 of 14

That's some quality looking pork and lamb! I love the pancake idea, now is that like our breakfast pancakes here in the US or more bread like?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Grilling Pork
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › Grilling Pork › Spit roasted greek Style Pork + Lamb Kebabs