or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Announcements › Messages for All Guests and Members › How To Destroy A Ford 8.8 Axle Shaft In Two Easy Steps
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How To Destroy A Ford 8.8 Axle Shaft In Two Easy Steps

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 

Step 1. Attempt to crawl the obstacle slowly.

 

1.jpg

 

Step 2. Hammer down when Step 1. clearly isn't working.

 

2.jpg

 

Congrats! That is all there is to it!

 

3.jpg

 

4.jpg

post #2 of 17

Nice work there Joel. Takes a tremendous amount of force to do that. How'd you get home?

post #3 of 17
Great job and excellent tutorial.


yahoo.gif
post #4 of 17

Sorry to here it.icon_cry.gif

post #5 of 17

Should buff right out! Good thing is the axle went and not the rear end itself. Simple trail side repair.....If you have all the right parts

post #6 of 17

icon_cool.gif

You should have taken some of the weight out of the Jeep Joel. Maybe it was just overloaded. HAhAhahahaha. It sure looks like you know the limits now.

post #7 of 17

Back up, take a run at it.  Count your wheels.

 

Good luck and good smoking.

post #8 of 17

Damn Fords

post #9 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alelover View Post

Nice work there Joel. Takes a tremendous amount of force to do that. How'd you get home?


I carry spare axle shafts with me just for such an occasion. biggrin.gif

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by bmudd14474 View Post

Great job and excellent tutorial.


yahoo.gif


Try it with the Tahoe tonight. icon14.gif

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael ark View Post

Sorry to here it.icon_cry.gif


It's part of the game. Luckilywife.gif didn't go with.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Woundedyak View Post

Should buff right out! Good thing is the axle went and not the rear end itself. Simple trail side repair.....If you have all the right parts


Had spare shafts with me. Although taking a locker out and putting it back in is much easier to do in the driveway.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by mballi3011 View Post

icon_cool.gif

You should have taken some of the weight out of the Jeep Joel. Maybe it was just overloaded. HAhAhahahaha. It sure looks like you know the limits now.


Have you ever thought about applying for Last Comic Standing Mark? banana_smiley.gif

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Venture View Post

Back up, take a run at it.  Count your wheels.

 

Good luck and good smoking.



Exactly.

 

post #10 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMcG View Post

Damn Fords



Indeed. beercheer.gif

 

post #11 of 17

This segment to be continued after several hours of cussing and repair work Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

post #12 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarbelly View Post

This segment to be continued after several hours of cussing and repair work Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif



2 seconds of glory followed by 2 hours of laying in the dirt getting oily and greasy. nonono2.gif

 

post #13 of 17

When I was younger getting oily and greasy was a lot of fun?

 

Doing that out in the middle of nowhere added a little adrenaline to the mix.  LOL

 

Good luck and good smoking.

post #14 of 17


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woundedyak View Post

Should buff right out! Good thing is the axle went and not the rear end itself. Simple trail side repair.....If you have all the right parts


ROTF.gif

Joel are these stock axles? We had good luck in our modified with Mark Williams axles when we had to run ford 9 inch rear ends. Thank god we got to change to full floaters years back.

 

post #15 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotarace View Post


 


ROTF.gif

Joel are these stock axles? We had good luck in our modified with Mark Williams axles when we had to run ford 9 inch rear ends. Thank god we got to change to full floaters years back.

 



 

They aren't stock axles for a Jeep, besides the locker and diff cover they are stock for a '94 Ford Explorer. Some high pinion 9's would be a nice addition to the old Jeep.

post #16 of 17

looks like fun,  could've been worse, at least you werent in the mud

 

 

 

imagesCAE9IURC.jpg

 

 

post #17 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamirick View Post

looks like fun,  could've been worse, at least you werent in the mud

 

 

 

imagesCAE9IURC.jpg

 

 



I avoid mud like the plague. Not much fun to clean up.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Announcements › Messages for All Guests and Members › How To Destroy A Ford 8.8 Axle Shaft In Two Easy Steps