Taco Monday, two kinds, Supper ( Smoked Chicken ) and Dessert ( Apple Pie )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Taco Monday, two kinds, Supper ( Smoked Chicken ) and Dessert ( Apple Pie )

So wanted Tacos for couple days now, had some of my Smoked Chicken left over and a package of Tortillas. Set up the pan with oil outside on the Q.

While it was coming up to heat made up some Pico de Gallo and lime, Diced up the smoked chicken in to the CI with 2 big spoons of Med. heat salsa.
Also mixed up 1 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon

DSC_8254.JPG DSC_8255.JPG

Oil is ready so fry the tortillas one at a time , cook one side flip then the other, and then with the tongs try and fold while frying, when done right into the sugar mix ( just for the dessert ones ha ha ) . Do same for the supper ones just not in the sugar mix.

DSC_8262.JPG DSC_8272.JPG DSC_8264.JPG

DSC_8266.JPG DSC_8270.JPG DSC_8271.JPG DSC_8275.JPG DSC_8274.JPG

I fried up 4 of each, that should do the 2 of us.

The chicken if heated up with the salsa, and ready to build

DSC_8278.JPG DSC_8279.JPG

So the Pico, salsa, sour cream, grated cheese cheddar and mozza, I grate and mix them myself and parsley and a squeeze of lime over the veg before the sour cream and cheese
The shells came out very good , not crunchy but easy to bite off and eat. Still broke up like the hard shells you buy because I load them up too much, lol

DSC_8283.JPG

DSC_8288.JPG

OK now for the dessert ones Apple Pie Taco's

The shells are all ready cooled and coated, now I filled them with my apple pie filling ( these could be any pie filling you like )
nice bit of whip cream and a bit of caramel sauce and there it is Dessert Taco

DSC_8285.JPG

DSC_8286.JPG

This was fun to do, I enjoyed 3 chicken tacos and 1 1/2 apple pie tacos ( Mona had 1 chicken without the extra salsa and 1/2 an apple pie )

Rolled myself out to the back deck to let the cool breeze cool me down after that. lol

Was fun to do and I will fry them again as it was better then the hard shell taco shells,

Thanks for reading ,

David

Attachments

• DSC_8263.JPG
    DSC_8263.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC_8290.JPG
    DSC_8290.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 9
It all looks great David but those dessert tacos are BOMB!!

Thanks Jeff for the comment

It was mainly for the dessert tacos for the post , but had to have supper anyway so did up the chicken and they were also good,
somewhere I lost the close up of the chicken ones with just all the chicken in it before the fixins

BUT the apple pie Taco's oh my god, they were great, but I do love my sweets. and this was everything to love.

David

GREAT IDEA WITH THE APPLE PIE TACOS!!!! How cool is that?!?! I have made the chirros before, but never thought about the apple pie taco idea....very cool!

Thanks Keith for the like and the comment

Saw this done as a cheese cake , and had to try it , came out great
I have made Churros also, but this is a whole better ball game, but I like all sweets :emoji_yum:

Carousel worthy indeed!
Thank you nice of you to say , and looks like it made it to the Feature. surprised and pleased

David

Those dessert tacos look awesome. I gotta watch the sweets, but I'd murder those. Reminds me of the dessert pizzas at CiCi's.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Those dessert tacos look awesome. I gotta watch the sweets, but I'd murder those. Reminds me of the dessert pizzas at CiCi's.

Thanks for the like and the comment

The apple pie tacos were fantastic, but I love almost all sweets, and these are sweet and gooey and stick to your face fun.

And the chicken ones were good also

David

OMG! The chicken tacos are spectacular. Even without the tx smoker tx smoker required super closeup (:emoji_wink:) you can see the greatness.
And then you throw that apple pie taco in there!!!!!!! I'd be on that like a fat kid. And pulling up a chair next to ya on the deck.
A great looking meal beginning to end.

Jim

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
Truly spectacular David!! That is all pure awesomeness. Just an amazing meal across the board. You seem to be in a groove recently and are turning out one spectacular presentation after another. Kudos to you buddy and congrats on a very much deserved ride!!
Even without the tx smoker tx smoker required super closeup
Yah, kinda sad isn't it Jim? Of all people David should know better than to leave out the close up shot. We need to drop that wooden barrel he wears and spank is little hiney for that :emoji_laughing:

Robert

OMG! The chicken tacos are spectacular. Even without the tx smoker tx smoker required super closeup (:emoji_wink:) you can see the greatness.
And then you throw that apple pie taco in there!!!!!!! I'd be on that like a fat kid. And pulling up a chair next to ya on the deck.
A great looking meal beginning to end.

Jim

Thanks Jim for the comment

Yes the chicken tacos were very good with the smoked chicken and the fresh veg and lime, full of flavour

and yes I should be shot and pooped on for not getting the close up of the chicken ones ,
but I did get close up of the Apple pie tacos , so maybe just half shot lol

The shells came out better then I had hoped for , not hard and fall apart when touched, I will make them again this way.

Jim always room at the table and on the deck for you. As long as you help me with the dishes , Just so we keep on Mona's good side lol

David

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky