You should have seen her face

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

WaterRat

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Feb 14, 2018
Hamden, CT
You should have seen the face on the checkout girl at restaurant depot when I asked if they have ski masks… it was blank… she thought a second then said “I don’t think so” 🙄
It’s not funny when you have to explain it 😟

33D6E0E5-DB14-43B3-806E-C1F242DC41B1.jpeg

Last edited:
Hahah that’s good. Congrats on the purchase
Would have been better if she had a better reaction - horrified or amused, I’d take either.
😜
They’re my GF’s knives actually. She just opened 7 restaurants in the new terminal of Newark Intl Airport. I drilled the handles to accept a steel cable tether which you can see on the bottom knife.

Wow , good for her. That is quite a thing to take on.

And loved the ski mask statement. Don't you hate it when a really good joke goes to waste on a empty brain :emoji_dizzy_face::emoji_dizzy_face::emoji_dizzy:

David
Not sure 20hr days for over a month straight is good for anyone, but thanks in the way you meant it 👍

Yeah, not sure the brain was empty, she was quite young and it was about 15min before close on a Saturday, probably half zoned out and wanting to get off work. It did ruin my joke though, she was fully unprepared for my magnanimous wit 😁😁

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
You should have seen the face on the checkout girl at restaurant depot when I asked if they have ski masks… it was blank… she thought a second then said “I don’t think so” 🙄
It’s not funny when you have to explain it 😟

View attachment 656814
Too bad you did not drive off in a white Bronco...lol

7 Restaurants in the airport??? Wow that is something, the commute to Newark does have to suck though. I will pay double not to fly in or out of that place.

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
LOL. Or asked about a hockey mask.
Figuring that the knives are tethered to keep them from walking off?

Jim

• Haha
Reactions: WaterRat
Too bad you did not drive off in a white Bronco...lol

7 Restaurants in the airport??? Wow that is something, the commute to Newark does have to suck though. I will pay double not to fly in or out of that place.
Yeah it’s crazy. The commute actually isn’t bad, usually about 25min. The new terminal is really nice. Old terminal “A” is now closed.

Lol, a bronco, dont think i was wearing my leather gloves either

• Haha
Reactions: clifish
Would have been better if she had a better reaction - horrified or amused, I’d take either.
😜
They’re my GF’s knives actually. She just opened 7 restaurants in the new terminal of Newark Intl Airport. I drilled the handles to accept a steel cable tether which you can see on the bottom knife.

Hmmm I don’t remember seeing 7 of any one restaurant.. what’s the business name? Will be sure to support it when traveling.

The day they told us we were going to be required to wear masks in public because of "THE COVID" I went out to the shop and made this. Got some weird looks at the grocery store

Attachments

• 20200403_190127 (1).jpg
    20200403_190127 (1).jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 18
Hmmm I don’t remember seeing 7 of any one restaurant.. what’s the business name? Will be sure to support it when traveling.
It’s 7 different restaurants - ok two are the same - Garden State Market pre and post security. And the brewery is still in the works. Burger-Fi , Ess-a-bagel (awesome bagel shop out of manhatten) Carlitos BBQ Taqueria (yeah they’re smoking in the airport!), and the flagship is Kitchen Step - (all the way at the end in the middle with the big tree) really good restaurant they brought in out of Jersey City , don’t let that fool ya, its actually an up and coming place…

Reactions: Nodak21
Yes I know about the hours I worked and ran restaurants for 20 + years, I know the troubles, At least in the airport there are a lot of walking customers in the building, looking for good food. :emoji_sunglasses:

David
Oh, plenty of customers! Staff is the big issue and the glacial pace at which the Port Authority issues security badges.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Oh, plenty of customers! Staff is the big issue and the glacial pace at which the Port Authority issues security badges.

Yes I know what you mean about staffing , when I was running restaurants, I found it hard , you would train someone and things going good . Than they would leave to work somewhere else for a few cents more an hour, after you trained them
Or they just call in sick after pay day a lot, and the list goes on.
Around here in the last year or so, people just don't want to work, in a lot of trades. They were making more at home with the government assistance because of covid. Sorry I will stop now , lol

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky