You guys are horrible

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jimvans

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 26, 2009
Victor, Iowa
Here I am a newbie cruising the forum. I see the pork section. I look at my wife and cuss. I went to the basement and came back with the rack of spare ribs I've been saving. Thaw them out, trim them up and now they are soaking in apple cider so they can smoke tomorrow. My daughter is happy as a clam, my wife is happy cause she doesn't have to cook, and I am looking forward to the great taste of apple wood smoked ribs. I took a pic of them in the cider and will take some qviews and post them tomorrow night.

PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
Aren't we though? Looking forward to seeing the qview.

Have a great smoke and I look forward to the Qview

You'll be wishing you had put three racks on there. One just doesn't leave enough leftovers!

we here in SMF have been blamed for alot.good advice-good Q-view-and just good folk that like to do good eats-enjoy your stay and become family.

The best part though is after the first hour everyone in the neighborhood finds an excuse to walk by and ask when supper is. Just like the penguins, I just ...smile and wave.

We are horrible because horrible is what we do best.

Welcome to the SMF by the way.
PDT_Armataz_01_19.gif
<--------qview of Horrible me!

Wait til your wife thinks your crazy for taking pictures of all the stuff you cook. Cant wait to see those Ribs.

Well, here are my first qviews. Let's see if I can figure this out.

I hope this is from last night. Soaking in apple cider.

Rubbed and ready to go.

Thin blue smoke. mmmm

Pre-sauce.

Sauced.

Done, just how my family likes them. Sticky!

And juicy.

A nice smoke ring.

Well, there you have it. And yes, my wife asked why I was taking pics.

Yeah, we're a terrible bunch here. lol. My wife and kid are the same way about the smoked food. They see me out near the smoker and they wanna know whats for dinner. Welcome to the SMF family. There are lots of recipes and there is lots of info here. Enjoy !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky