Yard Sign turn about fair play

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alelover

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
YARD SIGN From a man in Texas :

My neighbor is a "lefty" of sorts (Obama bumper stickers, gung-ho socialized medicine, "guns should be banned", etc.). So this past spring I put this sign up in my yard after one of his anti-gun rants at a neighborhood cocktail party.

The sign wasn't up more than an hour before he called the police and wanted them to make me take down the sign. Fortunately, the officer politely informed him that it was not their job to take such action without a court order and that he had to file a complaint "downtown" first, which would be reviewed by the city attorney to see if it violated any city, county, or state ordinances, which if there was a violation a court order would be sent to the offending party (me) to "remove the sign in seven days."

After several weeks he was informed that the sign was legal (by a quarter of an inch) and there was nothing the city could do, which obviously made him madder.

I tried to smooth things over by inviting him to go shooting with me and my friends at the hunt club but that seemed to make him even more angry. I am at a loss how to reconcile our long relationship (notice I did not say friendship), any suggestions would be welcome.

2af7f68d_sign.jpg

Hey BeerBoy
biggrin.gif
  Here's what I did to my FIL not long after the wedding.

First the set-up:

at the reception ,as we(or rather, THEY) all were roasting me ,so to speak
wazzapp.gif

In walks Jim (he was the town police[he,he])and promptly walks up to me and announces he has a warrant for my arrest
police2.gif
.WTF,I think,dam did I forget to pay that fine in Cleveland(I was a truck driver-coast to coast) and was holding at least 3 outstandings in different states for no tax stickers,Speeding
super.gif
and some other stuff.Long story.

Now I have in hand a WARRANT and reading , it seemed something was afowl
help.gif

the statements were for speeding in excess of 120MPH(hey,that piece out there weon't even get to60),issued by Judge B.S.Wright.     Hmmm...

We all had a big laugh ,.then the wife left for the night and low and behold we were stopped by the State boys. I was irrate, I haddn't had a drink all day and was driving good enough, so I got to planning...

It so happened we got a slow run going through Kansas,and we took our time and stopped more than usual. We saw the Prariedog town signbs(Pat had never seen a Prariedog so...

While there i saw some pie boxes with a sign say'Buffalo Pies $5 postage included---what would you do ???????I bought one opened it up(it was fresh,nice quality aroma,)and wrote inside"Here's some right back at ya!!!" and put his address on the out side with no return.

WE called MIL and informed her about the plan and she gladly took  the idea and ran with it!

About two months pass and we get back by thier place.

He said it was sitting on the front stoop and he brought it in to open, When he saw what it was he asked the MIL who the $&^% woulld send him something like this(now know he was the Super. of road crews in the County)?????
biggrin.gif

well,he took it to work and was going t have a meeting the next day and was going to ask who it was then...
sausage.gif
(it gets better). So, it's setting on his desk all night,and the next day,well , lets just say it didn't smell to good and there were thousands of bugs crawling all around the office.

It took all the will I had in me not tolaugh when he was telling me this,finally my sweet Wife and his little Daughter,let the cat out. Nothing has been said about it other than "That was good" I thanked him and have never had a closer relationship,and the pranks....let's just say for now we are even
jedismily.gif

Have fun and,

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky