WS-1510ELPM set-up help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks for that I have a pork shoulder thawing for further testing, the manual is intimidating far more complicated then for my needs. I'll play around with the different settings as I go
I went to the manual and set it to single step mode so no minutes to set just the temp and it stays there and use my own timer to ramp if necessary. The 1510 will not burn out the SSR on a 1,200 watt element when on constantly and has the 15 amp quick blow fuse. Higher watt elements that are on constantly with big loads over long durations will fry it so you need to adjust your output from 100% to 80% or so, also in the manual. I like the P 1, I 0 and D 0. Or chopsaw's P 1, I 208 and D 210. Play with the P setting on both 5 max. Out of the box and autotune not good for me on the Mes 40.

I put a pan of water in the smoker for a trial, I used single set mode, set for 130* overshot to 138* and then back to 130* rock steady kicked it up to 150* gained the 20* in 10 mins. stayed rock steady. As suggested I will reset the "P" to a lower number as soon as I figure out how..baby steps. On another note my Inkbird IRF-45 is showing a temp. 6* lower the sensors are both in the same place inside the smoker. I'll track some of those fast blow fuses JIC

I put a pan of water in the smoker for a trial, I used single set mode, set for 130* overshot to 138* and then back to 130* rock steady kicked it up to 150* gained the 20* in 10 mins. stayed rock steady. As suggested I will reset the "P" to a lower number as soon as I figure out how..baby steps. On another note my Inkbird IRF-45 is showing a temp. 6* lower the sensors are both in the same place inside the smoker. I'll track some of those fast blow fuses JIC
Nice!
Yeah the Auber manual was clearly written by someone who has poor command of the english language or it was direclty translated from another language.

To simplify change P-I-D values do the following:
  • Hold SET for 3 sec to change ability to input a number
  • Enter 166 and press SET button and it will take you to the "P" setting
  • Change the P value and hit SET to lock it in and skip to "I"
  • Change "I" and hit SET or skip it by just hitting SET and it will go to "d"
  • Change "d" and hit SET or skip it by hitting SET to go to "At"
  • Change "At" and hit SET or skip by hitting SET to go to "t"
  • Change "t" and hit SET or skip by hitting SET to leave the 166 settings

To set time simply:
  1. hit the SET button to go to step "C-1" (step 1 duration) and change to an insanely large value to stay on that step forever/that many minutes, and hit SET to move to "t-1" (step 1 temp)
  2. Enter your set Temp for this step (step 1) and hit SET to move to step 2 (C2)
  3. Now for every consecutive step (C2-C6) enter a duration value of 0 and hit SET to go to the time for that step (t2-t6) - this means the step will not execute
  4. Now change the temp (t2-t6) to 0 temp and hit SET
  5. repeat steps 3-4 to Zero out C2-C6 to 0 min and t2-t6 to 0 time
From this point on you only ever have to skip to step 2 and adjust your set temp for your smoker to simply just have a 1 step smoke at that set temp forever (well for the C1 duration which should be set to an insanely high number like 4320 = 3 days).

Let me know if this helps :)

Reactions: Bat119

Very very much translated from engrish to English helps immensely, reading that manual was like listening to Charlie Brown's parents on the Christmas special. Copied onto a word file and printed

Very very much translated from engrish to English helps immensely, reading that manual was like listening to Charlie Brown's parents on the Christmas special. Copied onto a word file and printed
Hahaha glad to help!

Yeah not many people are going to easily understand those state flow diagrams they attempt to use. This simplified bit should get the job done :)

Now I'm cooking! followed Tallbm's instructions smoker is working perfect about 30 mins to 250* held steady for 6 hours and as a bonus it doesn't trip my GFI
Nice, glad to hear u are up and running!
Looking forward to seeing what you make :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky