Wrangler fire

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

igotjesus88

Original poster
May 30, 2022
Anybody have experience with the wrangler? Is it possible to keep a fire going without adding more charcoal? Also without causing super high temps?

I've have no experience with the Wrangler.
With that said, are you starting the coal bed off with a full chimney of lit coals?
Is the coal grate elevated off of the firebox floor?
How many and what size of splits are you starting off with?
How many and how often are you adding splits during a smoke?
Are the pit temps high across the entire chamber? Any tuning plates in the chamber?
What are you using to verify the actual pit temps?
Any apparent leaks in the chamber and firebox lids?
How about the damper settings on the firebox and exhaust stack?

Sorry in advance for all the questions.

Reactions: bauchjw and TNJAKE
What SecondHandSmoker SecondHandSmoker said.
I have a Pecos and only use charcoal to start my fire. I use a chimney full of lump to start and add a few splits to the firebox when I dump in the lit coals and let it come up to temp and settle in.
Then add a couple of splits as needed which is when the split in the firebox is about turned to coals
I use splits about the size of a 16oz can

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky