wood smoker wanted

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ted Mielke

Original poster
May 25, 2019
hello group, my name is Ted live in the Phoenix area been experimenting smoking on my Weber gas grill have done about a half dozen pork shoulders all though everyone seems to really enjoy them I would like to switch to a real wood smoker (not pellet) have tried dont even care for them myself looking for suggestions on a smoker in the 800 to $1000 range any help appreciated

There is a Lang 48 in bristol condition in the Phoenix area on the FB Lang owner's group for sale, bit more than your budget but that's a rare opportunity for a decent pit that far West free of freight charges.

Don’t under estimate charcoal vertical cabinets. You can find some very good ones in your range used. I have a 270 large and once temp is dialed in it’s as set it and forget it as any electric.

22.5 Weber WSM. It's a charcoal smoker, but uses wood for more smoke flavor. Slightly under your budget to boot!
Thanks was going to ask forum about the Weber have a friend of a friend says that's all he has used for years and has turned out some fantastic meat, been finding them in the $400 range with a few used on Craigslist

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky