Wood cooked Pizza any one

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bradger

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 12, 2019
northern NJ
I put this here because i can't find anywhere else to put it.

About a week ago i broke out my wood grill/fire pit. also found my pizza stone. So after my latest shipment of veggies i get, this shipment their were a lot of tomato. A pizza was already planed. so on Sunday after work did a 2 hour smoke of them with JD pellets.
DSCF3663.JPG

Monday morning made the tomato sauce
DSCF3671.JPG

Tuesday started the pit up.
DSCF3666.JPG

while that was burning down to get ready to cook on, back inside to make the pizza.
had some dried up kayle ground up mixed that into the dough.
DSCF3669.JPG

cut up some hot peppers green peppers and onions,
DSCF3667.JPG

assembly
DSCF3672.JPG

DSCF3673.JPG

DSCF3674.JPG

About this time the coals were ready
DSCF3675.JPG

About 30 minutes later
DSCF3678.JPG

DSCF3679.JPG

I would call my first attempt a success.

Awesome idea and that pizza looks great! I have actually been looking at those fire pit grills for the last couple of weeks. Never thought about doing pizza on one. Did you get any wood smoke flavor from it?

not too much, the wood may have burned down too mush. i didn't want flame because of the stone. didn't want it braking.

That's a dang good looking pizza! Never thought of doing a pizza on the fire either, a good way to put my cast iron pizza pan to work. Nice job

Ryan

Never thought of doing them like that but thanks to you I will now. That pizza looks awesome

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky