Wood Blends

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

distre

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 9, 2010
Spring, TX
Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering about wood blends. Types of wood used together in a smoke. I use pecan alot and have use oak with it. But that is mostly as a fuel wood. I'm interested in wood blends for flavor, for example cherry and apple, pecan and mesquite, or what ever. I don't know, I would like input on ratio amount and type, 3 to 1, pecan to apple or what ever you may have used. I don't know if another thread about this has been discussed or not. I'm just trying to learn something new about flavoring with the smoke. Thanks for any help.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Since I have converted to using the A MAZE N SMOKER for almost all of my smokes - I use Hickory Dust for some things like nuts but for most of my smokes it is a combo of 50-50 Pecan and Apple  or Cherry or Maple 

Good luck with you quest for the perfect combo - I think it is just what tastes best to you

Thanks Scarbelly,

I'm just trying to come up with ideas. And try ideas others have tried as a suggestion. Appreciate the advise as always.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky