Winter Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lemans

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 29, 2013
Jackson New Jersey
Well it 12 degrees here in central nj 6:30 am
My wife thinks I'm crazy but I got a brisket to smoke!!! Just lit up the pit and waiting for the right temp.

Well it 12 degrees here in central nj 6:30 am
My wife thinks I'm crazy but I got a brisket to smoke!!! Just lit up the pit and waiting for the right temp.
Your not crazy just possessed with smoking like the rest of us sounds like to me
icon14.gif

Pretty stable at 225. 8 lb flat should take like 6 hours before it is wrapped. We will see

I hear ya brother...started mine last night in Cincinnati temps here around 15, but I think I have a big problem here. Don't mean to piggy back on your post but I need to call out for an emergency everybody put your two cents in here now. I'm cooking on an UDS that has been pretty reliable but my fire went out last night. Started two, not one, but two 10lb butts at 7:50 temps were rising in a steady manner (120 at 11:15). Big day tomorrow so I went to bed...set alarm for 2 am to check progress but I didn't hit the on button. Just woke up and temp is 140 and my charcoals are out. I'm afraid I'm screwd here of being in the danger zone for way too long of a time. Here's the other big problem...I'm cooking for my side of the family who will be here in 6 hrs(party of 20) and I don't want to kill everybody with ecoli!!! Please help

An hour in some temp fluctuation . Having a hard time keeping it under 250 , I thought I would have problems keeping it hot!!!

@ Everythingsmoke imo your still fine get the pit fired back up and go, your temp in the meat is on the cool down so it probably was higher earlier on so that would of killed of any unwanteds.

7 hours .. It's 147 internal as soon as it hits 150 I'm going to wrap it and put it back on til
175... Then in the cooler to finish
I'm using a char griller duo with SFB
I would like to post Picts but I don't know how..
Any help would be appreciated

Lemans,
I would get that brisket up another 20 degrees before the cooler. 175 finish temp for brisket can be like eating a bike tire. I pull mine between 195 to 200 and rest for a couple hours in the cooler wrapped with a little juice, foiling sauce, cola,.... whatever.

10 hours on the smoker . Now 2 hrs in the cooler. BBQ sauce cooling. Can't wait to cut it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky