Wings!!! (Pronounced "Wangs" in Texas)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Beautiful Vette, Brian!!!  What year is that?

My Son has a 2008, but his isn't convertible.

If it was convertible I could get in & out of it !!!
biggrin.gif
  I can no longer fold myself up like that !!!

Bear

Great smoke! Do you get enough of the 'hot sauce' flavor with just the little amount you inject in them? I'll have to try these sometime.

Beautiful Vette, Brian!!!  What year is that?

My Son has a 2008, but his isn't convertible.

If it was convertible I could get in & out of it !!!
biggrin.gif
  I can no longer fold myself up like that !!!

Bear
Hey John

It's a 1970.  Do you remember where you were then?  I do. 

Those wings look delicious, Brian!  That's our favorite wing recipe...the only way I do 'em now.

Red
Red

It's alway gerat to get your positive comments. You know that cilantro chicken recipe you posted?  I'm a thinking about these wings and your marinade recipe...  What do ya think? B

Great smoke! Do you get enough of the 'hot sauce' flavor with just the little amount you inject in them? I'll have to try these sometime.
Those guys.  I did not sauce them after.  Nuff said.  Sauce was on the side. Few used it. Brian

So.. I'm watching a certain barbecue cook off show this sunday... You know the one where 3 teams cook off for 3 judges.  One ingredient was wings.  One of the competitors used almost this same ScarBelly / Dave recipe.

My wife asked: Didn't you just cook your wings that same way?  " Why yes I did". 

They are that good folks.  Try em.

Brian

So.. I'm watching a certain barbecue cook off show this sunday... You know the one where 3 teams cook off for 3 judges.  One ingredient was wings.  One of the competitors used almost this same ScarBelly / Dave recipe.

My wife asked: Didn't you just cook your wings that same way?  " Why yes I did". 

They are that good folks.  Try em.

Brian
Got a little extra bonus points with that show from the wife eh? SMF is that big... the competitor could have just as well been "one of us".. heheh.. I love this gosh darn sight. Wangs are on the menu for this weekend... ScarBelly style of coarse! Thanks for the resurrection of the style.. I always do my PLAIN looking now seeing this version. ..

:)

Bonus points?  Better than that Mike. For once she thought that I actually knew what the heck I was doing!  LOL B

Plenty of wings in Hawaii. Those birds are running around wild everywhere. B 

I had the urge to smoke some buffalo wings a few days back.  so we made them for dinner last night.  I used a cheap Brinkmann Gourmet Electric Smoker & Grill with hickory chunks and cherry wood chips.  I injected the wings with Texas Pete Wing Sauce then let them marinade for two days.  Placed them on the top grill with the water tray in place filled with water and the left over marinade.  Four hours later got an internal reading of 170 F.  (minimum safe temp of 165)   Below is prior to tossing them in buffalo sauce.  The second is after a good tossing in more of the Texas Pete wing sauce.

Husker.

You are most welcome.  I Cant take credit for the recipe. My friend Dave showed me how right here on these forums.  Search "Scarbelly Wings" for the original recipe. I did this batch from memory ( which sometimes is not so good) and it probably is a tiny bit different than the original.  

Give it a try.  You'll never cook your wings differently again.  Brian 

Last edited:
Here's the thread Brian spoke of:
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/119306/scarbelly-wings-buffalo-style

The beauty of this recipe is there really is no recipe! You can use any sauce you like! The main thing is just getting the flavors inside instead of on the outside! I don't think I've ever made them the same twice, I am always wanting to try new sauces and different flavors!

If you can get your wings to look half as beautiful as Brian's you will have some very tasty wings!!!

(Blushing) Cut it out Dave. ... 
icon_redface.gif
 But thank you.  AND thank you for the link. So Husker, Click that link Dave just gave you for the original recipe.  And POST your smoke! 

I am going to do these wings for a party next Friday.  How long did you cook them at 275?  My MB electric 40" meat thermomeer shot craps on me, so I will be cooking by sight on these.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky