why RF?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lugnutz

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 17, 2010
Lawson Mo
Just wonderin what all the fuss is about?  More even temp over std offsets?  I have this heavy duty brinkman that I thought maybe I could mod, just wasn't sure why I should.

Also...and I'm surprised this hasn't been done yet...can someone make a wiki with the RF calculator links ??

Lugz

I have a reverse flow and love every bit of it. It heats evenly all the way across. Though it is on a trailer and it's as big as a small car so it might be a bit bigger than yours.  Not sure how that would translate to a smaller unit. But I think RF is the way to go. It holds heat very very well.

Here is the thread on my build. There might be some info in there you could use. http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/64861/i-would-like-to-introduce

I don't have the info on the Calculator. We built mine a few years ago. So I don't remember all the exact numbers. I'm sure it is on here somewhere though. Thought I read something on in the last month or so.

I read something about the calculator this weekend but I can't find it now LOL  that is why I suggested a WIKI

Nice looking rig there Boone!  Next time I down that way I'll stop in for some grub!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky