Which would you use more?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pyre

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 19, 2006
Moberly, MO
I've been looking at a few custom built smokers and I can't decide which of these two options I would prefer. You could have a grill/griddle combo built on top of your firebox, or you could have a warming chamber put on top of the firebox.

The warming chamber is like a big vertical smoker only there's no smoke in it. It heats up from the direct heat from the firebox.

I hear guys say that the grilling area isn't very big (24" x 24"), and you can't smoke while grilling. The warming chamber on the other hand would probably be most handy if you were doing business with the smoker.

The price difference between these two options is pretty small.

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about:

bateswithwarming.jpg

Pyre thats what I have on my smoker above the fire box. I have a 4" opening on the back wall to let heat travel. Its great for keeping things warm and no smoke gets in there. I like it a lot

Is that smoker in the pic a Klose and are they very expensive. Thats a nice looking setup.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky