Where to get some supplies?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bigtank

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 10, 2018
Algona IA
I live in a small rural community, no really good BBQ store close by. I've ordered some supplies from amazon. I was just wondering if there are any websites you use for rubs, sauces etc.

I live in a small rural community, no really good BBQ store close by. I've ordered some supplies from amazon. I was just wondering if there are any websites you use for rubs, sauces etc.
No none for me BUT I do make my own 2 main rubs.

Pork and Chicken Rub/Seasoning: Equal parts by volume Black Pepper (coarse or larger grind), Granulated Garlic, Dehydrated/Minced Onion, Paprika (not smoked).
Salt is also mixed in too but not an equal part, more like 80-90% of an equal part.

So like 1 cup Black Pepper, Granulated Garlic, Dehydrated Onion, Paprika, THEN like 80% of a cup of Kosher or whatever salt I may have on hand if no Kosher.

Beef Rub/Seasoning:
Similar to my Pork and Chicken Rub/Seasoning but no Paprika.
So equal parts Black Pepper, Granulated Garlic, Dehydrated Onion. Then, 80% of a part of Salt.

So again, like 1 cup Black Pepper, Granulated Garlic, Dehydrated Onion, THEN like 80% of a cup of Kosher or whatever salt I may have on hand if no Kosher.

I would urge you to give these a try for any Pork, Chicken, or Beef you cook. Even ground beef and hamburgers.
The flavor is mind blowing, especially with how simple it is. Plus the top 4 ingredients in most commercial rubs are salt, pepper, garlic, and onion anyhow so may as well make something for waaaaay less price.

With that said you can get good value for 1 pound seasoning options on Amazon. If you wanna go all out and do 5-7lbs+ options Amazon also has great prices for the seasonings with plenty of great reviews.

I suggest trying to mix your own for these and see what you think. Then your buying options greatly increase with the simplicity of making these amazing seasonings/rubs :)

I hope this info helps! :D

I hear ya on small and rural! Lol! We use Jeff's rub on alot of things and love it, mostly on pork and chicken. Many make their own to control salt and sugar levels as has been said. Alot depends on your flavor profile you are looking for. Owen's BBQ has some plus alot of spice seasonings for jerky and sticks and sausages.

Ryan

Reactions: tallbm
Save money and make your own rubs and sauces.

Go here for dozens of rub and sauce recipes, and hundreds of other BBQ recipes.

These are my basic rub recipes,

Reactions: BigW.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky