Where to find decent priced pork belly

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks for the tip on local orchards.I never thought of it.There's a nice one real close to where I go trout fishing not far outside of Philly.

Most orchards do use pesticides today but some don't but you take the bark of anyways so most is on the surface.

One thing I do to rush my limited supply of branches is to cut my branches like hockey pucks about an inch thick and peel the bark off. Only takes a few weeks that way.

DeejayDebi;46355 said:
Most orchards do use pesticides today but some don't but you take the bark of anyways so most is on the surface.

I wondered about the issue of removing the bark before smoking.the wood I get now has very little bark on it. Does it matter, and if it does what are the pros or cons.

My wifes mother and aunt both work at my local grocery store and i kind of know the main "butcher" there. I've made requests for sausage casings before(yet unfulfilled) of him. I think your right about thier actual ability to get pork belly, i just haven't pushed the right button yet. I'll have to see if i can pull some strings and ask again. Problem is jumping through a bunch of hoops may get it once, but i dont know if i can consistently get it after that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky