where to buy beechwood pellets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rockdc

Original poster
Oct 24, 2021
Hi all, new member here. My first post- where can I buy beechwood pellets for my smoker tube? Looking to smoke up some pork chops.... Thanks! Steve T

Greetings Steve,
not sure about beechwood pellets. I’m not sure that I’ve seen any here. But google gave me this:
Good luck!

I'll have to read up on how to use sawdust; thanks. Steve T

Any one over 60 will identify beechwood w/ Bud/ Bud Light..
Being a Lager the beechwood provides a happy home for the yeast to attach and propagate.
My little bit of knowledge for the day,

Goal is to make some Westphalian ham someday. I could potentially feed it acorns if I wanted but likely won't LOL

FYI I ordered some dust from the link I posted and it came yesterday. It is MUCH finer dust (actual sawdust I think) than the Amazen. I will report back on if and how it works but wanted to give anyone looking a heads up.

Goal is to make some Westphalian ham someday. I could potentially feed it acorns if I wanted but likely won't LOL

FYI I ordered some dust from the link I posted and it came yesterday. It is MUCH finer dust (actual sawdust I think) than the Amazen. I will report back on if and how it works but wanted to give anyone looking a heads up.

I might need to try the dust....

There are a number of us here that prefer dust over pellets. It's 2-3x less strong than pellets. I use dust for cured and cold/warm smoked stuff like hams and bacon but will use pellets for hot cooks like pork butt or ribs. The dust I got from Amazen is more like a shred and larger particle size than this stuff. It will be interesting if and how it works in the tray. I know it's gonna be messier and some will fall out. You can make dust from pellets using a wetting and drying method or grinding but admit I've gotten lazy. I bought 4lbs of the beech dust...

Any one over 60 will identify beechwood w/ Bud/ Bud Light..
Being a Lager the beechwood provides a happy home for the yeast to attach and propagate.
My little bit of knowledge for the day,
Thanks.
Never understood the beech wood aged promo.
There should a lot of used beech wood to make into pellets after AHB is done with them?

Maybe it is the same problem around here. No one wants to work anymore.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky