1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Where in NC are you hailing from?

Discussion in 'North Carolina Members' started by solaryellow, Nov 8, 2011.

1. I'm just north of Smithfield, in Wayne County. Just bought my first smoker yesterday

Dozer15 likes this.
  2. LanceR

LanceR Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome from Stokes County.

BigTurtle likes this.
  3. kelbro

kelbro Meat Mopper

About to move to Clemmons.

4. I like that area better than where I'm at. No hills here and hot as hell in the summer...

5. What kind of smoker did you get?

6. I got the Masterbuilt MDS 230S Dual Fuel smoker at HD. Hard to resist at $90

[​IMG]

Dozer15 likes this.
  7. BigTurtle

BigTurtle Smoke Blower

Welcome from high on a wet mountain in Henderson County. Regardless of weather the brisket is on. 20190223_092235.jpg

smokinbill1638 and Dozer15 like this.
  8. You better be on a high mountain lol. Small hill at lake etowah here.

9. BigTurtle

BigTurtle Smoke Blower

I send all the water to y'all. Its wet but at 3400 feet up if the water backs up this high I'll ask Noah if he needs a country boy chef on board lol. Seems like there are a lot of WNC members here.

smokinbill1638 likes this.
  10. We got all of transylvanias water already. I'm not at that elevation but if I flood, all of etowah is under water. I have seen quite a few responses from this side of the state.

11. BigTurtle

BigTurtle Smoke Blower

20190224_074928.jpg Up carving the brisket this morning.

12. Welcome from Polk County. I can just about smell that BT

13. BigTurtle

BigTurtle Smoke Blower

I know you can. I'm on call all this weekend and next week but will be cooking soon. Probably another trip to Kentucky next weekend. See ya soon D.

14. Looking forward to it... Still have some apple wood waiting on you

15. BigTurtle

BigTurtle Smoke Blower

Yay.