Where do you get your jerky flavor packets from?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

uncle eddie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 14, 2016
Central Missouri
I have been using www.OwensBBQ.com for getting jerky flavor packs and cure for several years. Love their products but was wondering if there some other providers that I should consider as well.

I just ran out and need to place an order.

• Love
Reactions: mossymo
We make our own jerky seasoning for venison jerky, but get alot of snack Stix seasoning from Owen's. I want to try some of their jerky mixes... really good people to deal with!

Ryan

DUDE you freaked me out and thought you were gonna say Owens is no longer. LOL Owens is STELLAR. Total pro jerky results. Nesco is on Amazon... Threw some in my cart. The reviews are pretty good. Not sure if you guys saw it but ran some pork jerky and it was WAY better than I thought it would and half or less the cost of beef. Jealous of you guys that hunt as I would go jerky nuts with venison.

• Love
Reactions: mossymo and chopsaw
I sometimes make my own, but this stuff is VERY good IMHO. I use flank steak and it turns out pretty amazing.

1689343037504.png

DUDE you freaked me out and thought you were gonna say Owens is no longer. LOL Owens is STELLAR. Total pro jerky results. Nesco is on Amazon... Threw some in my cart. The reviews are pretty good. Not sure if you guys saw it but ran some pork jerky and it was WAY better than I thought it would and half or less the cost of beef. Jealous of you guys that hunt as I would go jerky nuts with venison.
Owens BBQ is still stellar and I still use them often, just wanted to venture into some other seasoning packets/flavors is all.

• Love
Reactions: mossymo and zwiller
Not sure if you ever tried it but John (Bearcarver) had a really good recipe for pork loin jerky!

Ryan

Reactions: uncle eddie
Im a huge fan of High Mountain! Never once been disappointed! Ive also always had good results with anything that con yeager has made! Same with nesco!
I did have a bad experience several years ago with I believe it was backwoods. Mixed up several boxes with everything I had left deer burgerwise in the freezer. I guess the flavor part of the seasoning was bad or old or something! I emailed the company because I was pissed that I ruined so much venison and the guy was a total dick! Its not like I wanted free stuff or replacement ( which Im sure would of been cheap on their end). He literally told me tough chit. So the dog had a good couple of weeks and I learned to never use their products again!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky