When is it too cold for a pellet smoker??? Or never

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You are tougher than I am. I thought about it, but wussed out at the last minute. We are going to SV an eye of round starting tonight so we can have it French Dips tomorrow.

Here in S/W MI., 10 miles off the BIG LAKE, it's 36*, raining and blowing about 20mph, but at 0600hrs I rubbed down a 1/2 pork loin with Tony's and Brown sugar for supper. Love that lingering smell in the garage.

Ummm, Louisiana grills (Pit Boss, too) are made by Danson's, which is a Canadian company. Two Canadian girls invented them, Louissy and Anna. .....LOL. :emoji_laughing: OK, that part's BS, but they are a Canadian company.

After the grandkids left last nite I dunked my 1st. (turkey in brine) for today. Didn't need any ice, it's 27* in the garage. Right now it's 0430hrs, 20* American, snowing with a light breeze with a forecast of a roaring 27*. Just checked and sloshed the bird, at 1000hrs my garage is going to be filling up w/ smoke from my Pitt Boss. (note to self; give the fire department a heads-up about the smoke rolling out of garage.)

Ummm, Louisiana grills (Pit Boss, too) are made by Danson's, which is a Canadian company. Two Canadian girls invented them, Louissy and Anna. .....LOL. :emoji_laughing: OK, that part's BS, but they are a Canadian company.
What's funny is when I needed parts for my grill they were sent out of Minnesota not to far from me!

With a little bit of luck I managed to smoke my 1st. brined turkey today. The temp in my garage was a +27*. Took alittle longer then I was planning, 5 & 1/2hrs, but it was well worth it. My better half even enjoyed it, BUT she is still doing the thanksgiving bird.
100_0311 (2).JPG

With a little bit of luck I managed to smoke my 1st. brined turkey today. The temp in my garage was a +27*. Took alittle longer then I was planning, 5 & 1/2hrs, but it was well worth it. My better half even enjoyed it, BUT she is still doing the thanksgiving bird.
View attachment 388403
Yo!!! this looks amazing!! care to share what you did or how? PM if needed so we dont hijack this thread. Awesome job on that bird man!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky