What to do with new door?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Calismokes

Original poster
Sep 4, 2021
Hi, long term lurker, first time poster here - bought a MES 30 20072115 smoker years ago and it immediately started breaking and cracking around the doors. Customer service sent out a brand new door that I never fitted and now the MES has kicked the bucket I'm trying to get rid of the door! Any ideas? The idea of throwing it in the trash makes me sad.

Attachments

• DSC_3854.JPG
    DSC_3854.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 30
What happen to your mes, maybe a pid is in order if you like your smoker

Lost the controller and element at about the same time, had a go at repairing the element but it had burned up too much at the contacts. Ended up replacing it with a pellet smoker which I've been happy with, though I had a great time with the MES!

Lost the controller and element at about the same time, had a go at repairing the element but it had burned up too much at the contacts. Ended up replacing it with a pellet smoker which I've been happy with, though I had a great time with the MES!

Maybe someone locally might want all of it for a project and wouldn't mind buying a new element. Even less waste if they come buy and pick all of it up.

You'd be amazed what people will come and get if it's free. I've put stuff on Facebook Marketplace and people start contacting within 15 minutes. They must be watching for new listings.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky