What peppers are you growing this year?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gregr

Original poster
Oct 14, 2012
I got a late start, but just just got my seeds in and turned the hot pad up to 85F. Hope to see some germinating peppers shortly ... this year I'm growing:
  • Aji Amarillo (the pepper of Peru!)
  • Black Habanero (larger and hotter than regular habanero, with a dark born to black color)
  • Bonda Mahala (Bonda Ma Jacques x 7 Pot Yellow cross)
  • Choricero (the pepper of the Basque area of Spain)
  • Fatali (an heirloom variety from Africa)
  • Peach Ghost Jami (Superhot variety of peach bhut jolokia)
  • Pimentos de Padron (who doesn't love some roasted Padrons!?)
  • Scotch Bonnet (the pepper of Jerk Chicken, from Jamaica)
What's in your garden this year?

• Love
Reactions: Will Squared
I haven't started anything but I'll plan jalapeños, habaneros and maybe like last year a Tabasco plant. Possibly a Serrano too. I have limited space and everything is in self-watering buckets so I need to pick n choose.

Just green bells, hot banana and sweet banana. We don't care for the really hot stuff anymore and I can get excellent jalapenos for stuffing at the Mexican market down the street. I canned/pickled peppers for the first time last year and am looking forward to more this year.

Marchant , Bell , Banana , Jalepeno , Hungarian wax , Anehiem and Pablano . I have these growing in the cold frame now but I may add some other varieties later.

I got a late start, but just just got my seeds in and turned the hot pad up to 85F. Hope to see some germinating peppers shortly ... this year I'm growing:
  • Black Habanero (larger and hotter than regular habanero, with a dark born to black color)
gregor,
Where the heck do you find all of those?
That is quite the variety. Impressive.

Where did you get your seeds?

Right now just Thai peppers.

This thread got my Pepper Juices going so I did some searching for pepper seeds.
I found Pepper Joe !

Very cool site !
One thing I saw there that I NEED is

I smoked and dried some peppers of various types. I dried 9 lbs of fresh peppers that reduced to 3 oz ! These packs of powder are 1 full oz. It would take 9 lb of fresh to make these packs! This is a good deal for $20 and I don't have to grow them first !

I purchase my bell peppers from a local greenhouse. She usually has Habanero and sometimes unique peppers so I get them, too.
Local college has a horticulture club plant sale in early May. I shop there too. Selection really varies from year to year. Very careful with my purchases as they tend to be infested with aphids.

Here is what I started at home
Jalapeno Gigantia
Korean Lady Choi
Korean Gochujang King
Thai Chili
Thai Garden Bird
Cherry Bomb (my wife got this from a store last year and I chanced a risk the seeds will produce a viable crop)

Next year I want Scotch Bonnet. Don't know If I can start them early enough to produce a crop.
Appreciate the link W Will Squared
Haven't checked your source poacherjoe poacherjoe
I get a lot of my Asian specialty seed from Kitizawa Seed

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky