What Meat is This?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I just noticed what appears to be a pepper crust. So maybe round roast pastrami? It does look pretty uniformly pink, so might be cured.

Too Lean for Rib Roast...Slices are too big for Pork Loin...I think it is some very lean, low and slow, Medium Rare, cut of Beef Round...
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

...JJ

Baltimore pit beef!:grilling_smilie:

i have an idea. we need to make this into a contest. so i'm going to get it all started. here is how it will work. everyone smoke, grill, stew or fry whatever you like. take a pic of it and post. but don't tell anyone what it is. then send it to me. i will eat it and let everyone know if it is any good.

so now that evryone knows how it works. get to cooking.
th_Slab_of_meat.gif

david

That would be a  smoked Sirloin Tip Roast done to med rare then sliced thin to make some sandwiches out of and dang it I'm out of it and need to make some more 

Been resisting the urge.  Can't any more.

Definitely looks like beef.

Sirloin tip or something else in the round area?

Don't think it is a cross rib or other cut from the chuck?  But I could be totally wrong? 
th_crybaby2.gif

Good luck and smoking.

That would be a  smoked Sirloin Tip Roast done to med rare then sliced thin to make some sandwiches out of and dang it I'm out of it and need to make some more 
Thanks buddy, hope to see ya in a couple months-mouth is already watering.

i have an idea. we need to make this into a contest. so i'm going to get it all started. here is how it will work. everyone smoke, grill, stew or fry whatever you like. take a pic of it and post. but don't tell anyone what it is. then send it to me. i will eat it and let everyone know if it is any good.

so now that evryone knows how it works. get to cooking.
th_Slab_of_meat.gif

david
That's what I suggested in the first few posts ;)

Looks suspicious to me.

I think it should be carefully packaged and sent to Tulsa, Ok for immediate disposal. It is the least I could do to support my fellow SMF neighbors.

I promise to post some plated pics of the disposal process.

Don't you guys know anything??? It's roast beast!

"Then he slunk to the ice box. He took the Whos' feast, he took the who pudding, he took the roast beast. He cleaned out that ice box as quick as a flash. Why, the Grinch even took their last can of Who hash."
LMAO!   Awesome!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky