• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What is your regular off beat sandwich?

bigsteve

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 15, 2009
Was wondering if that would come up. "Oma" (my grandmother) turned me onto them. Although I probably haven't had one in 20 years now.....

hemi

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 17, 2009
I helped some farm hands get in a crop of tobacco when I was a LOT younger when I finished workin on their tractor. We got snokkered at
Percy Flowers General Store in Johnson County NC. and I ate one on a dare.
They told me in the morning that I must have eaten 4-5 of them..
I tried one when I was sober and still liked it.LOL.. Hemi

billbo

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 19, 2007
Not too weird but I love Bologna with brown mustard & cheese. cover the bologna & cheese with Nacho Cheese Doritos and slap between two pieces of toasted white bread. A nice side of pickles and a big glass of diet coke with ice. To die for!

mossymo

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined May 30, 2007
2 slices of toast with a heavy layer of super chunky peanut butter on each slice, a healthy layer of bacon, with 2 eggs over easy in between the slices. Must be eaten off a plate with a fork.

My wife says I am weird and the sandwich is absolutely disgusting whenever I make one !!!

richoso1

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 21, 2007
Well, well, looks like the sandwich's are coming out of the woodwork. Generally speaking, I think men are more prone to try things that sound off beat, but then again, it's all in the imagination. Personally, I think you all have good taste.

rhinoliner

Joined Aug 13, 2009
My favorite is a scrambled egg sandwich. Two slices of bread with a pretty good coating of mayo and put about 2 scrambled eggs between them. These make a good, quick and easy supper when you don't really feel like cooking.

richoso1

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 21, 2007
Many years ago on the West Coast ( left coast to some), they had peanut butter with real bacon bits mixed into it, and they sold it in the super markets. Only lasted for a year or two.

jaysun

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 18, 2008
Chunky peanut butter with a bunch of crushed Nacho Cheese Dorito's on top and some pickle slices

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks