What else is good to stuff poppers with

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have tried mixing the cream cheese with cheddar. BUT---always just go back to cream cheese.BY THE WAY--I freeze leftovers and microwave later-----Still good.....No not as good..but good.
This will help so I don’t waste left over from the batches I make

In Biloxi we're getting jumbo shrimp for 3.99/lb. We butterfly them, and the splayed-out end of them sticks out like a little whale-tail. First we fill the popper half-way up with walmart-brand shredded italian blend - it's mozzarella, provolone, parmesan and asiago, sprinkle the whole butterflied shrimp with cajun spices, and stick it in skinny side down. We brush a big glop of melted butter on the whale-tail. We have a popper rack, which you definitely need for the whale-tail weight at the top.
I will try these different cheeses. And will just chop up the shrimp.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
I make my own beans, basically every week, we eat a lot of beans in the south west, then I do my own refried from them, yes very good think layered bean dip.

Oh I totally understand. I live in Texas and was raised on a steady diet of beans being a side with most meals. It's funny how refried beans came into existance.
Many people dont know that beans would get cooked as beans and when you do beans you usually do a bunch at once cause they take son long.
Well with that many beans sitting around for like a 5-7 days u dont want them to go bad so you mash em up with some lard in a skillet and BAM refried beans are made and completely extend the life of the food another week easily hahaha.

I like taking Ranch Style Beans from the can and turning them into refried beans.... so much flavor!.
Also I like Boracho or Charro Beans turned into refried beans tooo. Again sooooo much flavor! :)

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Mexican cheese blend and chorizo is a fav here. also pulled pork mixed with cheese. I prefer regular cheese over cream cheese - not as heavy and gooey.

Oh I totally understand. I live in Texas and was raised on a steady diet of beans being a side with most meals. It's funny how refried beans came into existance.
Many people dont know that beans would get cooked as beans and when you do beans you usually do a bunch at once cause they take son long.
Well with that many beans sitting around for like a 5-7 days u dont want them to go bad so you mash em up with some lard in a skillet and BAM refried beans are made and completely extend the life of the food another week easily hahaha.

I like taking Ranch Style Beans from the can and turning them into refried beans.... so much flavor!.
Also I like Boracho or Charro Beans turned into refried beans tooo. Again sooooo much flavor! :)
Yes sir! I add a bit of red Chile with the refried, garlic too. Beans are delicious. Wouldn’t know how to eat most days with out them.

Reactions: tallbm
Blue cheese mixed with cream cheese and a little bit of rub.

Cream cheese, shredded sharp cheddar, cilantro, a bit of rub and some lime juice or zest.

RG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky