What Brand of pellets run consistently on a Cookshack Fast Eddie?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gatorengineer

Original poster
Jul 11, 2021
Hoping to find a brand of pellets that runs consistent on a Cookshack Fast Eddie. I know this pellet pooper is prone to temp swings, and that to get out of that you have to play with the settings. Is there a brand of pellets that run consistent across different wood types? Where do folks get their pellets? from Jeff, big box or?

I always had luck with lumberjack. I stayed away from Traeger and other common brands once I discovered LJ. Great flavor and price!

Pit Boss, because it's all the same with very little flavor wood. I'm only half joking, because good quality pellets are 100% flavor wood, and thus burn at different rates and temperatures depending on the type of wood. Hickory and oak are going to run hotter than apple or cherry. Whether that causes temp swings depends on the controller. The old timer based controllers will have more swings than the new PID controllers. If it's a timer based controller (with p-setting) you will want to figure out what works best in your cooker. PID controllers should be able to handle any type of pellet.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky