What are you listening to ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just looked up Samantha's tour,she's playing right down the road from me but unfortunately the show is sold out.

It’s not that far away, but I looked at the lineup in your link and she is not listed.

What I saw at the link was they would announce the line up on March 6 .

hmmm

But I see she was not there last year. Since she started touring with Jesse Dayton, she may not make it.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
John Lee is another favorite of mine.
I "had" the Hooker & Heat album until I loaned it to a friend. Never saw it again.

Country, southern rock and the blues. That’s what I prefer to listen to. I don’t mind some of the hair band stuff from the 70’s or 80’s but it’s usually never my go to unless a mood strikes.

Stevie Ray Vaughan is one of the most “pure” guitarist that I’ve heard. What a master. This song “Little Wing” tells a story without saying one word. Just a man and his guitar. Probably one of my all time favorite blues song. Enjoy.

Stevie Ray was the main reason I picked up the guitar. I was fortunate to see him three times before he passed on, what a loss. I can only imagine what he would be doing as a guitarist\genius today.🎸

Stevie Ray was the main reason I picked up the guitar. I was fortunate to see him three times before he passed on, what a loss. I can only imagine what he would be doing as a guitarist\genius today.🎸

I've wondered that a lot. He was already evolving .

Reactions: forktender
Going to see Tedeski Trucks Band tomorrow night in Atlantic City for my wife's birthday.

There ya go ! Now that's some good music. It gets played a lot in this house.

I'm at bit peeved at them , though. They don't ever come to Oklahoma. They rarely go to Texas or Kansas. They stay on the east coast or southeast, when they tour.

About 10 years ago, they were in OKC in June in an amphitheater. And we had the strong remnants of a tropical storm come through, dropping heavy heavy rain. TV weathermen had people scared to get out cuz of fear of drowning and hardly anyone showed up for the show. But TTB played anyway and I got a great seat standing next to the stage.

But they've not been back since.

So I've been listening to her (and Jesse a lil) all afternoon... Alls I can say is... Smokin Okie Smokin Okie your gonna have a great time.... ENJOY Brother...

I saw her last July in the same venue, and she had them dancing in the aisles, literally. I'm looking forward to this.

She grew up in Kansas City. In her late teens she started playing KC music venues like Knuckleheads. Her dad was a bit of a musician but she took it to another level. And she began touring with a trio.

Just a few years ago, she moved to New Orleans. Changed her appearance and her music began evolving.

Today, she calls this version of her as " little girl Samantha " that was done circa 2013. Regardless, this vid put her on the blues/rock map. I see it now has over 3 million views.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky