What are the "remote" and "RF" features found on the newer MES smokers.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hkeiner

Meat Mopper
Original poster
I am doing a bit of research before I decide on which MES smoker to buy. I have seen various on-line ads and discussions in this forum that mention the "RF" and "remote" features but I haven't found any clear descriptions of what they actually are.

I am guessing that "RF" and "remote" are really the same thing, just two different words used.. Also, I am hoping that the "remote" is a radio frequency wireless handheld that (1) allows the user to change the temperature setting on the smoker from a distance and (2) has a display that shows the real time internal temperatue of the smoker box and of the meat using two termperature probes that communicate with the remote. If so, this would be an awsome feature...

Am I guessing well or just dreaming well? I tried to find an on-line manual for these smokers but was not able to do so.

Last edited:
Your Dream Came True!

I own last year's model, and when the new 40" MES w/Remote came out, I picked one up at SAMS Club for $298.  Cabelas has a similar model with all stainless exterior for $349.

The remote works like a champ, and is a great upgrade, considering the price did not change from last year!!

The wheels are not meant to go over terrain, but to move on a porch or garage.

Invest I one My Friend, and you won;t be sorry!!!

Todd

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky