What a DEAL!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
Went by our local KJ's grocery store couple of days ago just to see what they had. I sort of know the meat cutter from going there occasionally and when he saw me, he said get you some of this...

20220418_192244[1].jpg

Yep, you are seeing that correctly. They had these 12 oz. packs of bacon reduced to 87¢ each, I bought all 10 packs. The expiration date was the next day so I bought them and put them in the freezer. Never heard of the brand, but for that price, I couldn't turn it down...

Great price. King Cotton is a pretty big brand here in the deep South. Man for that price I'd have snatched 'em all up also.
Jim

Went by our local KJ's grocery store couple of days ago just to see what they had. I sort of know the meat cutter from going there occasionally and when he saw me, he said get you some of this...

View attachment 629817

Yep, you are seeing that correctly. They had these 12 oz. packs of bacon reduced to 87¢ each, I bought all 10 packs. The expiration date was the next day so I bought them and put them in the freezer. Never heard of the brand, but for that price, I couldn't turn it down...
Nice!!!
If they arent super great as fried bacon, I'm sure they will work fine to cook with for stuff like a pot of beans and such :)

Hell yeah! I'd a bought them all too! And like mentioned, if they are not good fried up as bacon, use them for seasoning bacon....cheaper than ends and pieces!

Beans or wrap stuff with them, they are pretty fatty or at least what I get is, better brands for frying but what a deal get them if you can when you can

Man you should have bought a lottery ticket at the cashier!
Great score, I’m with the others, I would buy them all too!
Al

Great Score!!
Changed that one day to "One day after thawing".
I'd have been on that, like "Ugly on An Ape!!"

Bear

Nice score. Reminds me of funny story. Dad got a STEAL on a case of bacon only to find out it was not smoked. LOL

And I just paid 4.99 for a pound of bacon. Great Score!!!

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky