Weston 2100 Vac Sealer Gasket Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wnctracker

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 24, 2016
Western North Carolina
I’ve had my 2100 for about 18 months and it gets used weekly but not extensively. The gasket seems to have stopped sealing or something because the pump runs and won’t seal without constant downward pressure on the lid. It doesn’t seem like this should have failed already to me but it has. Is there a way resurrect a gasket that I’m not aware of without buying a repair kit? I already have the Teflon so I don’t need the whole kit and would like to prolong what I’ve got first if possible. Any suggestions?

Pull gasket out and flip around. Works on my foodsaver

Lady from food saver also told be ,take them out wash lightly let air dry and replace

Pull gasket out and flip around. Works on my foodsaver

Lady from food saver also told be ,take them out wash lightly let air dry and replace
I tried that right away because I used to do that with my food saver as well. I was wondering about petroleum jelly or something along those lines. Just being frugal

Do you store it with the sealer lid open?
I have an inexpensive Ziplock brand vac sealer going on 3-4 years. That was stressed in the instructions

Do you store it with the sealer lid open?
I have an inexpensive Ziplock brand vac sealer going on 3-4 years. That was stressed in the instructions
I never leave it open. It stays in my garage and I’ve always figured dust would get into the vacuum chamber so I keep it closed. Thanks for the comment, maybe that’s part of it?

I think fueling around was asking if you left it opened when not in use. On my Lem. It is stressed not to close and clamp when not in use. I'm wondering keeping it closed caused the foam to fail.

Reactions: wnctracker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky